'24 WBB Signee: Gwen McGrew, Pasadena Memorial

23-24 Stats:

25.1 Pts/game

7.9 R/game

https://www.maxpreps.com/tx/pasadena/pasadena-memorial-mavericks/athletes/gwendlyn-mcgrew/basketball/girls/stats/?careerid=7or3kte70k5g0

Quoting UNT head coach Jason Burton:
"I think we're bringing in the best shooter in the state of Texas in her class. Gwen stays in the gym. She is a gym rat. She is 6-foot and can play multiple positions. What is so great about her is we can play her one through four. She is probably more of a big guard for us, but she has the ability to go up to the four. We're losing DesiRay Kernal, who is such a versatile player, and I think we're getting that versatility and more in Gwen because she can play the point guard position. I think we're getting a steal because prior to her injury in high school she was one of the highest-ranked players in Texas and is still ranked No. 14 in the class right now. She is somebody that is a ready to go freshman right away and she will be an impact for us because of her versatility and her ability to score."

Quoting Pasadena Memorial head coach Jennifer Azul:
"Gwendlyn McGrew is not just an exceptional basketball player, but also an inspiring individual. Her hard work and determination have not only brought success to our team but also have inspired us all. The imprint Gwendlyn leaves at Pasadena Memorial is profound and lasting. Her talent and leadership have not only elevated our basketball program but have also left an indelible mark on our school's sports legacy. Her impact will be felt for years to come, and we are fortunate to have had her as part of our school's athletic community. Gwendlyn isn't just a remarkable basketball player; she's like family to us. Her dedication to the game is like no other I've seen and she brings a special kind of energy to our community. We're fortunate to have her as part of our basketball family, and we can't wait to see her continue to light up the court with her talent and passion."

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 2