Student Service Fees for Athletics UH

Students want to reallocate Student Service Fee from Athletics. 

Student groups are also holding a protest Wednesday in support of the committee’s recommendations. Student government leaders have expressed support for reducing the amount toward athletics.

How University of Houston spends student fees sparks debate | The Texas Tribune

Edited by MCMLXXX
  • Upvote 2

I can understand the growing frustrations. Costs are rising, and students see the greed on all sides and constantly hear athletes talking about being "professional" athletes and that they should "get theirs." I am not arguing if they are right or wrong, but I can understand why average students do not believe they should have to support it unless they choose to. 

PS - With all due respect, please don't play the "If they don't like it, they can go somewhere else" card.

'

I have been waiting on this since the beginning of the NIL.  Students already felt like athletes were being given a lot with tuition, room and board, meals, healthcare, tutoring, etc...  With the athletes demanding more, the regular student was bound to get tired of footing the bill.  It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

• Thanks 1