Right on--How can you root for a California asian group of misfits

against a Texas team ? I do believe UT lost to a far inferior team that they had twice beaten during the regular season. The loss showed the one thing that NT can take advantage of and that is the enormous UT ego and arrogance. They will believe NT to be far inferior, and if we can move the ball w/o mistakes ( very unlike 2 years ago when we lost by the worst margin of defeat in the history of the series) we have a slim chance of pulling the upset. Although it's our all district players against their all state players, and like I've said before you can't coach players to run 4.4s or grow to 6' 8" tall you just might surprise UT enough with athleticism to stand a slight chance. Conservatism will kill us offensively, but with success on a few " exotics" early UT could be back on its heels before finally deciding that this is more than a preseason scrimmage against an inferior non-BCS opponent. The stars will have to align just right and just maybe the UT arrogamce will seal the deal. A very long shot at best, but who can say=== it worked the last 2 days!!

Edited by DallasGreen

a California asian group of misfits

?????????? ph34r.gif

UT should their true colors by not coming on the field to accept their second place award. Classless and a black-eye on the entire state because of our state university's lack of sportsmanship.

Guest e-bone

How can you root for a California asian group of misfits against a Texas team ?

Because I can't root for the best "amateur" team that money can buy. Give me the kids playing for the school with a $6 million athletic budget over those playing for the team with a $60 million athletic budget. NT has a lot more in common with the $6 mill budget school than the $60 mill one, no matter what states they are in.

It was pretty big news out here - since Fullerton is about an hour(give or take) away from Los Angeles. It takes alot for me to root for UT in anything, and I definitely was pulling for CSFU. As was said, we share alot with them really(including a huge enrollment, but next to no press or alumni backing).

Congrats Titans. smile.gif

to all of you csf supporters... I grant you honorary californian status. all of us texans will stay here. you may leave...

As I said before I never root for UT at anything if I can help it(there are maybe 2 schools higher up on my despise list). Even though I live in CA now, I'll always consider myself a Texan.

But I will NEVER root for the Longhorns if I can help it.

We can learn from a less well known school that steps up and beats the Longhorns. CSUF got the job done and UT didn't show much class.

And don't knock the Asian-Americans. They are some of the hardest working people I know. Most of the irrigation canals were hand dug by their ancesters in the early part of the 19th Century. Somehow we Anglos couldn't figure it out. That made the West the primary food producer in the world!

smile.gif

Guest e-bone

to all of you csf supporters... I grant you honorary californian status. all of us texans will stay here. you may leave...

If I had said something like that, people would be calling for my head rolleyes.gif

Here we are about to to into a game against the Longhorns as a pretty big underdog, and you are going to root for the Longhorns against another pretty big underdog that has a whole lot more in common with UNT than we do with UT? Rooting for the Longhorns to beat CSF or UNT is like rooting for the Yankees to beat the Marlins, or for Goliath to kill David.

If a person is a UT alum or student or if a person is loyal to another school from the monopolistic BCS conferences, then I can see why they would root for UT to beat a low budget school who is fighting to move up the food chain. If a person is an alum of one of a "low major" or "mid major" who is trying to compete with the power conferences despite the huge discrepancy in athletic budgets, then I don't understand why they would root for UT win.

We should be looking at CSF as an example, not as a villian.

Edited by e-bone

Poor UT, all of Texas is crying today...Except for me! UT can suck it. When UT gives UNT props I will cheer for their school. UT and A&M still beleive everyone in the state only cherishes their history. This is so far from the truth. I am a UNT hardcore fan and will not stand for any eyes looking down on my college. Until that day when I feel we are as respected. I will not cheer for any Texas college.

This attitude may change after Sept 2.

Poor UT, all of Texas is crying today...Except for me! UT can suck it. When UT gives UNT props I will cheer for their school. UT and A&M still beleive everyone in the state only cherishes their history. This is so far from the truth. I am a UNT hardcore fan and will not stand for any eyes looking down on my college. Until that day when I feel we are as respected. I will not cheer for any Texas college.

This attitude may change after Sept 2.

Don't go to the bank with that one until after you look at the tape of UT's spring game.