DRC: UNT navigating challenging landscape in new era of player movement

Brett Vito

My guess was that Trautwein started getting recruited from North Texas illegally early;  that is, if there even is such a thing as “illegal” in this woke progressive era I think we’re beginning to see happen now at the intercollegiate level.  Of course, some schools will take total advantage of this “everything goes” era especially those who are expertise & have probably been doing it all along

Yet I think the recruiting of Hope began after her fabulous record-breaking feat that got more national publicity for her & the Mean Green than some other schools could probably stand us getting.  That coupled with the 1’st round win over the #20 nationally ranked Purdue Boilermakers in March Madness may have pushed some of our rivals over the top? (I do jest since they could care less).🙄•••Yet we should do even more of this & for crissakes don’t stop now. I think we’ve all found that success can be fun. 

The NCAA has all but gone the direction of the U.S. Supreme Court inasmuch as you have no idea from one day to the next what the “W” Bush appointed Chief Justice John Roberts & his fellow celeb Supremes are going to come up with next. (No Bush fan here if you can’t tell). 

Still...UNT has no idea how lucky we are to have “In Wren We Trust” Baker as our AD & this quote from him proves it even more: 

“We’ll adapt and change,” UNT athletic director Wren Baker said. “Because of the experience we’re providing and the investments that we’ve made in facilities and infrastructure, North Texas is poised to gain just as much as we are losing in the portal. My hope is that over the course of time that the portal would be a net positive for us.”

•••Well Mr. Baker, with our location with real estate room for expansion, our P-5’ish venues, our extremely diversified & burgeoning student body, I think UNT’s upside will continue to go (where else)—no where but northward. 

•••North Texas is lucky alright & I hope we can keep WB around as much as anyone on that campus.  That’s where even better attendance would help, fellow Mean Green’ers, & that for everyone over at the Mean Green Village with all its men & women’s varsity teams. 

❇️🦅❇️

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 2
  • Haha 1