A Request: Can Someone Get UNT highlight DVD’s & Convert Specific Games to YouTube?

PlummMeanGreen

I all but guarantee all would love to see the highlights of the UNT vs New Mexico State Aggies game at Fouts Field in the most exciting game I can ever remember watching in that stadium.  

❇️The winner would go to the New Orleans Bowl. 
❇️ That game was like a see-saw as it changed leads several times.  
❇️ Booger Kennedy had a field day & brought the large Fouts Field crowd to its feet.  •••The whole MG  “D” created the same sensation throughout the game.
❇️That was the game Mean Green fans rushed out of the stands & tore down the south end zone goal post at •venerable Fouts Field.  Anyone still have that photo?  •Venerable was a favorite adjective of Bill Mercer’s back in the day.

❇️❇️GMG!❇️❇️

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

I would love to get my hands on some of those games!

I do have the DVD of the 2002 season that has I’m pretty sure has some of those like NMSU.

Also 2003, so I’ll see what I can do

You da’ man, NorthTexasSportsNetwork!  👍👍
If I can find them I have all the DVD’s from that era & will send them to whoever can put the highlights of the 2000’s on YouTube for all to see “the bowl years” at North Texas.  •••Another game highlight that could possibly be put on YouTube would be when Super Jamario Thomas ran for over 200 yards against the Big 8 Colorado Buffalos. 

Back To 2001 MTSU Game:  I’d  given up on the concept of “crowd noise” in ol’ Fouts Field until that MTSU game in 2001 & then the bowl-deciding game vs the NMSU Aggies.  
•••One fellow alum told me at half time of the MTSU game that a UNT official (RV?) had a “come to Jesus” meeting with Dickey & told him “Man, open it up—what do you have to lose”— so DD did.  (Wasn’t it post-ULM game the week before that DD had actually been fired on the bus trip back to Denton & then rehired)? 

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1

So there are a few games from early 2000s on YT like 2004 against ULL and all 4 bowl games from 01-04.

Can’t find many others like Colorado, but I asked some people that do archived games to see if they have any NT games.

All Texas, OU, and Alabama games since 1998 are also on YT.

Edited by NorthTexasSportsNetwork