This can be the official thread for baseball comments throughout the season.

Barry Bonds is on a tear. And I don't think he is on steriods (there are others who you can't tell me aren't though), and don't want this thread to turn into a steroid debate. Steroids doesn't inhance your eyesight anyway and that is the most amazing thing about Bonds, his batting eye. He never swings at bad pitches, draws ungodly amounts of walks, and when a pitcher makes the slightest mistake, dudes on kayaks are fighting over it in the bay. He has started 6 games on this homestand and I believe he has 7 home runs. Amazing. And he does this in one of the worst hitters parks in all of baseball.

How about A-Rod going 1 for 17 in the series against Boston? He's gonna go off on some insane tear soon, and I just hope I'm not playing Texas Stranger in fantasy baseball when he does.

I don't think Barry Bonds IS on steroids but I am do think he WAS on them. I'll leave it at that.

ARod - I get some sort of satisfaction seeing him fail right now. He went for the money and then whined when a bad team remained a bad team. That being said, I don't think he should be booed when he comes back to Arlington. He will no doubt, but I do think he gave us 3 MVP caliber seasons and the Rangers could field nothing around him.

Guest e-bone

I can't fault A-Rod for wanting out. Every pro sports player goes for the money, just like everyone here would too. But Hicks told A-Rod he was going to build a contending team around him and didn't even come close to doing that. The worst part of the whole situation is how much money Hicks is paying the Yankees to take A-Rod off his hands. Ridiculous. If it was the Kansas City Royals then I could understand having to give them money, but this is Steinbrenner for crying out loud!

Rangers beat the Angels in Anaheim tonight 6-3. Rogers, Nelson, and Cordero pitched well. I could only watch during timeouts of the Mavs game, but I saw one great at bat by Soriano. It was the 7th, Rangers up 5-3, two on and no outs. When I turned over, the count was 1-2 and Soriano fouled off the tough pitches, laid off the bad ones and ended up drawing a walk. Rudy Jaramillo has obviously had an impact on Soriano's patience and selection because if you saw him play in the postseason last year, he had been struggling with that. Good win, we will see how the rest of the series goes.

How about A-Rod going 1 for 17 in the series against Boston? He's gonna go off on some insane tear soon, and I just hope I'm not playing Texas Stranger in fantasy baseball when he does.

Sure enough, I am playing Texas Stranger and A-Rod goes 3-6 with a run and a steal.

I have changed my view on Bonds since the season started. I no longer think he is on illegal substances. I don't think he is that stupid. I do think he is on some substance not banned/illegal. And as Zeke said, substances don't give you the talant the man has.

ARod will snap out of his funk, and it may have started today. He starts most every year slow.

Scott Posednik has 9 SBs already.

The Rangers are having health problems with their pitchers. If the was a year where we looked for them to contend, I would be worried, but this season is more like a live tryout for the future, so it will just give more guys an opportunity.

Speaking of pitching, the Rangers have a ERA of 4.35 right now. If I heard correctly, that is in the top third in the AL. They are also hitting .312.

Whats up with your man crush on Barry Bonds??? Do you have a thing for guys with dangly earring or something??

GMG!!!

Not so much of a man crush as talking baseball in a thread called talkin' baseball. He is on a tear and the biggest story in baseball right now, I would say worthy of discussion on this thread. I didn't know earrings, of the dangly variety or not, factored into the conversation. Thanks for the valuable input to the thread. And he does have an amazing batting eye.

It would be a man crush if I started giving out his "specs". laugh.gif

Edited by KPFC Sports Dept.

After attempted thread hijacking, a couple of quick baseball notes. I bought stat tracker from Yahoo, and it is worth it. It's 9.95 and you get all the stats from all your leagues so you have up to the minute fantasy scores, and it also has up to the minute MLB scores as well with the inning, score, baserunners, and outs. It's pretty cool.

Also, I took a job offer today to call NCTC baseball and softball games on a local radio station. NCTC baseball won the JC national championship a few years ago, so it will be high level JC ball. I am looking forward to the challenge of calling a baseball game because it is so different from football.

off the topic of baseball for two secs.... LOOSEN UP!

I agree Barry is on a tear and I am loving seeing him on two outta my three fantasy teams! Other than that...baseball is still not the biggest sport in America right now...so back to the playoffs over on TNT or ESPN... I will rejoin the baseball talks once the basketball season ends....and again i say....

LOOSEN UP!

It wasn't that it was off topic, it was the man crush dangly earring thing. I then pointed out that I discussed Bonds not because of a man crush but because that is the story in baseball right now, and this is the baseball thread. I don't need to loosen up, certain people *ahem* in a certain thread on the basketball board need to loosen up.

Speaking of power in a fantasy lineup, I don't know how we let Cara get this much power on her team in the draft: Thome, Ramirez, Sosa, Bonds, Giambi, Palmeiro, and Thomas.

Part of it is being in an 8 team league, but that is a killer lineup for homers and RBI.

Guest e-bone

Good thing it's a 10-category league

Agreed. Cara is killing me in home runs but I'm killing her in almost every pitching category.

Edited by e-bone

The Rangers are 11-8 and have a three game series at KC before coming back home. The Royals are talented, but haven't been playing too well.

Starting Friday night the Rangers play the Red Sox at the Ballpark. Part of my bachelor party is the Saturday night game, which will be a blast.

When Cara and I saw the Rangers and Red Sox last season, Pedro got the start and A-Rod won the game with a walk off grand slam in the 11th. Second best baseball game I have ever been to (it will be tough to displace Kenny Rogers' perfect game, THAT was indescribable.)

Back to the Rangers, to get through the AL West part of the schedule in this good of shape is a minor miracle. This unbalanced schedule has absolutely killed them the last few seasons.

** I think Pedro is pitching Saturday, so I get to see him pitch again. biggrin.gif