Brett Vito

27 minutes ago, DeepGreen said:

3:45-4:30 PM

Current Issues in College Athletics
Bob Bowlsby, Commissioner, Big 12 Conference
Heather Lyke, Director of Athletics, University of Pittsburgh
Judy MacLeod, Commissioner, Conference USA
Bill Scholl, VP & Director of Athletics, Marquette University

Man, that Judy Macleod must have been a real contributor in that discussion segment.

I believe she was a part of the “How to Stream your games on facebook and sell it to your fans as legitimate...” keynote address

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 3

So here's the thing.....all of those big wigs have probably not thought about UNT up until they stepped on campus. Now...as they go home, they'll pull their phones out Sunday morning and check some scores and they'll think..."hey Wren was talking about a big conference game...I wonder how UNT did?"

And they'll scroll down to the UNT/USM score. It would be nice for them to see a W. This is yet another opportunity for us to build some credibility in the college football world.

• Upvote 1

On ‎10‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 10:35 PM, UNTexas said:

I hope so too. I'm tired of winning CUSA every year. 😀😉

Just an old man's opinion, but when conference t.v. contracts expire in the next 2 to 3 years we will probably see realignment. I would think that it will start with the P5 conferences and trickle down . The Big 12 appears to be vulnerable, not only because it only has 10 members, but because of the Longhorn network, which Texas appears unwilling to give up. If the Big 12 implodes, and state universities with a large following the conference move elsewhere, TCU,Baylor,Kansas, West Virginia, Iowa State,and perhaps K-State may find themselves left behind. Oklahoma and  O.S.U. could go to SEC, T.T. to PAC 12, and Texas as independent if unwilling to give up LHN. The G5 winner in this scenario is AAC, who could scoop up the Big 12 left behinds.

• Thanks 1