Mavs fans, things have been rough lately. But let's try to keep perspective on this. If you are like me, you were a Mavs fan when things were bad -flirting with the worst record in history bad. I don't miss those days. The Mavs are a winner, class of the league now.

A poor history is not an excuse for underachieving though. And the Mavs have certainly done that at times. But here is where you need to take heart. First of all, this time last season all appeared lost. The made a turnaround and made a playoff run. If history repeats itself, it could mean a championship this time. Secondly, even if they do continue inexplicable play, and the season ends on a sour note (doesn't it for every team but one?), remember that things aren't like they used to be. Now, there is a proactive owner who is a fan at heart and hates losing as much as we do. The owner also puts success ahead of a bottom line. If things go bad, they won't stay for long with Cuban running the show.

I don't really think of myself as a sunshine pumper, because I feel like this is the truth. Things could be a lot worse. And if they do get worse, Cuban won't sit around and watch it crumble. It's a good time to be a Mavs fan so stay loud proud and rowdy. And if all else fails, just cheer against the Lakers. smile.gif

I agree with you here Aaron. It's tough at times, but it is TEN TIMES better than it used to be. It's hard to remember that after getting steadily better over the past three seasons. Yeah, the Mavs are on a slide right now. We've got a couple winnable games against the Florida teams coming up (NO games this year are easy wins by the way), and we could get back on the upswing heading into the playoffs. It's been a LONG time since Dirk, Nash, Finley, Walker, and one of the rookie guard duo were all clicking at the same time. We have been spoiled by a great offensive team. If they all hit their rhythms at once, look out. MAYBE then, the defense won't be so painful to watch.

I know what everyone's thinking...Mavs blow another game, Perry's gonna go off on them. I'm sorry, this is not necessarily a knee jerk. I don't know if Don Nelson has forgotten what he's doing or if the players have stopped responding to him. COVER freakin' Rafer Alston. This guy is not a world beater, but he was hot tonight. YOU THINK you'd wanna have somebody on him, if not two guys, at all times. Give me a damn break, games like this make me sick. I could honestly care less if Don Nelson is back next year. One of two things is true: He can't coach defense, or his players don't listen to him. Make a freaking adjustment defensively from time to time, will ya? I'll be seeing Alston drain threes in my sleep tonight. Either way, it's over with as far as I'm concerned. I know, I know. We had a losing slump at the end of the season last year before making a decent playoff run. Something feels different, we are losing consistently to mediocre eastern teams. Antoine Walker needs to sit out the rest of the season as far as I'm concerned. At least Jamison knows to crash the board whenever Brick Walker is shooting. Did Nash forget how to hit a game winning shot? Where's the killer instinct...it's been gone all season long.

Alright, enough Mav bashing. The sixth foul on Dirk was ridiculous. The foul on Fortson in overtime was ridiculous. But it should never have been that close.

I'll continue to watch my team, but they are making me sick right now.