Stadiums

2 hours ago, Mean Green Matt said:

That is actually a really cool idea, but there is no scenario in which that SMU helmet would enter my home. 

Man, I struggled with that so hard. Same with the UTSA helmet.  In the end, I decided to put those two helmets there just so I wasnt missing any. They are in a spot that isn't visible from most of the house by design. You actually have to walk around a corner to see those two. 

If I'm being totally honest, I actually wrestled with ever going to see a game at Ford. I didnt want any money, whether ticket, beer, food, or otherwise to go to SMUg. 

• Upvote 4

• 1 year later...
On 12/26/2021 at 11:11 PM, Matt from A700 said:

Living in Texas again, the bowl game added my seventh:

(in order by first game)

1. Darrell K Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium
2. Apogee Stadium
3. Gerald J. Ford Stadium
4. Cotton Bowl
5. Alamodome
6. California Memorial Stadium
7. Toyota Stadium

Next year I'm trying to get a group of friends to go to Vegas for the UNLV game. Going to Memphis wouldn't be too unrealistic either if it wasn't the week after Vegas.

Our road division games would be UTEP, UTSA, and UAB. El Paso could add to a hiking trip perhaps, UAB probably not realistic.

We found out my wife was pregnant like three weeks after this post. Born on Labor Day, and only allowed me to make it to three home games in 2022.

This year, I will definitely be making it to The Joe in Ruston, and Yulman Stadium in NOLA with some friends. I've been to Navy Stadium and considering a weekend trip to Annapolis if I have the money. Tulsa is also a sure thing, although the men's basketball's invitation to the Charleston Classic the same weekend is also making a compelling argument.

Since this post, I've also added @ LA Tech, UTA, and Rice for basketball, and @ Arkansas and UTA for softball.

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1