Punt Returner 2.0

MEANGREENCOACH2

10 hours ago, ItsSparky said:

Jaelon Darden is an extremely capable punt returner... one of my least concerns, he’ll house one by years end

No doubt he has the "potential" but all of the uncaught balls are costing us a lot of field position. I would be happy to see a "possession" returner, maybe someone like Lawrence. He might not have the break away potential of Darden, but the yards we would save on "yards rolling after hitting the ground" would be worth it.

Edited by El Paso Eagle
  • Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1

If it is the punt I think you are discussing, that was a disaster waiting to happen IMO.  That ball had so much spin on it (end over end) that it was going to bounce off the first thing it touched. It reminded me of the commercial with the pig hanging out the car window with a pinwheel...the ball was spinning like that pinwheel.  I was glad he let that one go, as were the folks around me.

giphy.gif

Edited by EagleMBA