Holy $#It huge commit for North Texas

Just spitballing here, but is it not more likely that the "not just about the next 2 years, but the next 10 years" has less to do with NFL draft prospects and more to do with post-graduation job prospects with a Vanderbilt degree.  

Is it at all possible that our fanbase could, for once, just acknowledge that kids pick other schools for a myriad of reasons that DON'T require us crapping on our own school?

• Upvote 5

13 hours ago, emmitt01 said:

Just spitballing here, but is it not more likely that the "not just about the next 2 years, but the next 10 years" has less to do with NFL draft prospects and more to do with post-graduation job prospects with a Vanderbilt degree.  

Is it at all possible that our fanbase could, for once, just acknowledge that kids pick other schools for a myriad of reasons that DON'T require us crapping on our own school?

This is my guess, Vandy degree and job possibilities are really good depending on what he majors in, and he can play against SEC comp.  probably take some butt kicking along the way but if you can stand out then Next level is a possibility.  Not that it isn't at UNT, believe me scouts (have a buddy who works for Saints). He told me he has from Minnesota to West Coast all those fun states where it's cold as crap.  Saints send him up there and say come back with guys we can evaluate.  I'm pretty jealous he works 6-8 months a year then goes to all the games during the season.  Pretty sweet job if you ask me. 

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎1‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 8:09 PM, Harry said:

Kind of funny to hear him talk of respect.

As for the possibility of finding a job with a Vandy degree, I could go for that if he didn't mention the "next 10 years". So unless he plans to only work for 10 years, this is because he thinks he has a shot in the nfl.

Edited by Rudy
  • Lovely Take 1