BUILDING THE FOUNDATION

El Paso Eagle

1 hour ago, Harry said:

Very valid post!

I was at the game yesterday, and I don’t know if you could see it or not. FAU was bigger at every position than UNT. Very noticeably bigger. O-line, Receivers, RB, DB. They were not faster, just bigger and better athletes. If you notice, we were able to run them down when they broke open. FAU was just a better team all around. 

• Lovely Take 1

1 minute ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

I was at the game yesterday, and I don’t know if you could see it or not. FAU was bigger at every position than UNT. Very noticeably bigger. O-line, Receivers, RB, DB. They were not faster, just bigger and better athletes. If you notice, we were able to run them down when they broke open. FAU was just a better team all around. 

Someone pointed out earlier, the depth and size FAU has is not as much attributable to Kiffin as it is to his prior FAU coach Charlie Partidge.  Kiffin gets credit for putting it all together and adding some key transfers and recruits.  You might remember that FAU and Kiffin stole one of our top recruits late in the game last year and that hurt.

On the other side, Littrell doesn't get all of the blame for Mac's poor recruiting especially in the lines.  Mac was clearly outrecruited by Partridge in his last couple of years.

UNT admin deserves some of the blame for allowing Mac to stay in place for so long.  This impacted our recruiting negatively and showed on the field yesterday.  Mac went with a lot of jucos late to try and save his gig.  Many of them never saw the field.

My point is there is a system that you have to play to be successful  in college football and it takes all parties (Admin, coaches etc) to be on the same page over a period of years execute it. 

7 minutes ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

Accept at coach. I think SL could take Kiffin in a fight.

But I want no part of that Wilson strength training guy they brought in from Alabama, that guy was intense.  

The biggest difference to me was their DB's were so fast and got to our receivers right on time.  There was clear frustration from the receiving corp because they are not used to that.  The running game had to be sidelined early because it was not working and I was afraid it was going to be another 30 plus to nothing in the first half.  It was close but not as morale killing as game one.  

FAU also played crisp all the way into garbage time which I thought was impressive.  When they could have relaxed they were meticulous and in sync in all 3 phases.  Talk about discipline and a blood in the water mentality.  I hope we bring that to our bowl game if we are fortunate to get up on our opponent.

Congrats FAU and GO MEAN GREEN!!!!!