Improvement..

BTG_Fan1

I had put in my prediction that I wanted a UNT win something along the lines of 40+ to 20... With UNTs defense holding ODU to under 400 (and ideally 300) yards and get 3 TOs via INT/FF..

While the defense gave up 24 points, they gave up 386 total yards and forced exactly 3 TOs (2 via INT, 1 via FF).. Yes it was not a great game on defense with a # of simple and easy to pick out ODU calls that UNT gave up, it was a huge improvement from FAU.. Lets hope they can be a bit more relaxed and play with another chip on their should next week vs LAT.. LAT is the toughest game left and if we get the W it should (fingers crossed) nearly lock up the West with this still having to perform down the road. 

The defense needs to keep doing this vs the likes of UTEP, Rice and Army.. 

UNT lost the time of possession 32:19 to 27:41, and had some really stupid mental lapses for the Personal Foul calls.. Really Rico? Yes it was a little shove and the guy flopped, but come on.. No idea what Hambone did and missed what Murray did, but Murray dude Nic Smith is 60/70 yards away for a TD (bottle it up till the next drive)... 

The ST disappointed but did have a few nice highlights and thankfully it didn't cost us the game.. 

While the score doesn't show it, the defense did what I had wished/wanted... Also, it seemed at times that UNT did the hurry up on some short yardage plays as well.

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1

We won

it seems that we are a one step forward two step back, there was not an area of this team that could not use help. 

The one thing thing I hope more than anything is to see Fine play behind a very solid, hard pushing, dominating OLine vs the almost non-existent OLine we now have. That is not fair the O-Line has improved but still has a long way to go.