DRC: UNT confident heading into C-USA play despite slide

Brett Vito

Another sign that the team is improved over last year is that when Mason Fine went down right before half their second team QB took the team in for a score as if there was no change in QB's at all.

Of course mentioning that would require that he might have to mention Mr. Shanbours name. And it would also require an acknowledgment that Mr. Shanbour is capable of playing at this level.

Too much to ask I suppose.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, SilverEagle said:

Another sign that the team is improved over last year is that when Mason Fine went down right before half their second team QB took the team in for a score as if there was no change in QB's at all.

Of course mentioning that would require that he might have to mention Mr. Shanbours name. And it would also require an acknowledgment that Mr. Shanbour is capable of playing at this level.

FZDZJ16ICX7KZRW.LARGE.gif

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 5

59 minutes ago, SilverEagle said:

Oh but there is a "significant drop off" should Fine ever go down!! Shanbour has no pedigree!! Walk ons rarely produce!! Now ask the Iowa Hawkeyes about his pedigree and if he can produce. 

18 minutes ago, NeonGreen said:

Oh but there is a "significant drop off" should Fine ever go down!! Shanbour has no pedigree!! Walk ons rarely produce!! Now ask the Iowa Hawkeyes about his pedigree and if he can produce. 

Tap the brakes...not enough data points to draw conclusions.  Nonetheless, I hope Shanbour starts receiving some game reps on a consistent basis in non-emergency situations so we know.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, EagleMBA said:

Tap the brakes...not enough data points to draw conclusions.  Nonetheless, I hope Shanbour starts receiving some game reps on a consistent basis in non-emergency situations so we know.

Never said he should start. It is a commentary in a facetious manner regarding Vito's deceptive and dismissive assessment of the kid. No brakes need to be tapped. 

6 minutes ago, NeonGreen said:

Never said he should start. It is a commentary in a facetious manner regarding Vito's deceptive and dismissive assessment of the kid. No brakes need to be tapped. 

Got it now. I do think it is time that Shanbour got some snaps with regularity. I understand the old cliche that if you have two quarterbacks...you have none. In spite of that school of thought, SL/GH need to work Shanbour in for a couple of series (minimum) in each game. It can only benefit us if Fine takes another shot and has to leave the game.

• Lovely Take 1

6 minutes ago, EagleMBA said:

Got it now. I do think it is time that Shanbour got some snaps with regularity. I understand the old cliche that if you have two quarterbacks...you have none. In spite of that school of thought, SL/GH need to work Shanbour in for a couple of series (minimum) in each game. It can only benefit us if Fine takes another shot and has to leave the game.

I cannot agree more, my sentiments exactly!!

• Upvote 1

The backup quarterback is always fans favorite player on any team. The starting quarterback actually does things and thus is eligible for criticism. Meanwhile the backup who rarely plays,  rarely does anything that would lead to criticism. 

I am glad we have a reliable backup. Not having been in every practice, film session or team meeting I trust the coaches who were to make the best decision on who starts and who is the backup. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, VideoEagle said:

The backup quarterback is always fans favorite player on any team. The starting quarterback actually does things and thus is eligible for criticism. Meanwhile the backup who rarely plays,  rarely does anything that would lead to criticism. 

I am glad we have a reliable backup. Not having been in every practice, film session or team meeting I trust the coaches who were to make the best decision on who starts and who is the backup. 

I agree with what you say and I am a Fine supporter. My point is that our reliable backup could only get more reliable with some game experience. Couldn't hurt for him to see a little action.