Wild schedule speculation

outoftown

On 5/28/2017 at 0:20 PM, HoustonEagle said:

After hearing the coaches reasoning at the Caravan I have to say I'm on board.  The reasoning goes along these lines:

1. We recruit no one from the Northeast.  Every OOC game should be looked at as a recruiting opportunity in that area.  Army is not.  Expect to see future scheduled OOC games to be with schools in Texas and the surrounding states.  I.e. no more Iowa and Wisconsin games will be considered. 

2. Every game on your schedule is a chance to get better at what you do.  Playing Army puts the breaks on week to week development and forces game planning for a scheme no one in conference runs.  It kills momentum in the learning curve.  

3.  Army runs a cut blocking scheme that can get your players injured.  

4.  They are not completely canceling the Army series. They want to get the games more spread out so they can play teams that help in recruiting and team building 

5. Liberty was the best we could do to help accomplish some of these goals.  

6. They are excited about a home and home series they are working on.  

1. The same rationale could be be applied to Liberty unless we are going to start recruiting in Virginia. Come to think of it, it is very probable that we will play Old Dominion in Norfolk in 2018, leaving us with two games in Virginia in one season.

2. We won the Army regular season game last year but lost every game after but one.  I guess playing Army caused these losses. 

3. Thirty cadets were injured in last year's pillow fight. Have we suffered any injuries following any of our games with Army? I don't recall we have.

4. Please see #1 above. Playing Liberty in Lynchburg does nothing for recruiting. 

5. Perhaps, but we are paying a premium salary to our athletic staff and expect better.

6. Yes! I'm looking forward to hearing about this as well.

I am still curious if we had to pay Army to get out of these games.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, letsgiveacheer said:

1. The same rationale could be be applied to Liberty unless we are going to start recruiting in Virginia. Come to think of it, it is very probable that we will play Old Dominion in Norfolk in 2018, leaving us with two games in Virginia in one season.

2. We won the Army regular season game last year but lost every game after but one.  I guess playing Army caused these losses. 

3. Thirty cadets were injured in last year's pillow fight. Have we suffered any injuries following any of our games with Army? I don't recall we have.

4. Please see #1 above. Playing Liberty in Lynchburg does nothing for recruiting. 

5. Perhaps, but we are paying a premium salary to our athletic staff and expect better.

6. Yes! I'm looking forward to hearing about this as well.

I am still curious if we had to pay Army to get out of these games.

That's how the coaches explained it so take it up with them.  It makes sense to me on balance.  I hate the Liberty game but it is important to them to spread the Army series out and there was not many choices.  

Dont shoot the messenger.  

• Upvote 2