Ford Center Lands Major League Lacrosse Championship Game

I know I'm going to get a few sarcastic comments, but Dallas (Frisco) has been rewarded as the site for the 2017 Major League Lacrosse Championship Game on August 19 at The Ford Center at The Star. I know lacrosse may not be a popular sport around here [yet], but I highly recommend you sitting down and watching a game when the season starts in mid-April. It is a very fast and high-action sport. The MLL is the outdoor league with nine teams currently, mostly on the East Coast. As the economy has recovered, the league is trying to slowly expand out west again with Dallas, Houston, Minnesota, Los Angeles, and Northern California big targets. Tickets for the championship game range from $15-60 and it's an excuse to visit The Ford Center if you never have before! Dallas has shown it can embrace sports other than football. There were big turnouts for the ultimate Frisbee team in the summer of 2016 in The Colony when the expansion team Dallas Roughnecks went 17-0 en route to a league title. Now let's show the MLL we want a pro lacrosse team in 2018 by packing The Ford Center!