eligibility

djohnnie

This could make our starting lineup interesting. I can see it working out like this: Reese, Frazier, Holston, Combs and Brice. It could work out other ways, too. It could put Johnson to the bench giving us instant offense,  if he can find his stroke? You can also pair Johnson off the bench with Woolridge, Brown, Temara and Lawson. It appears like our offense will improve, but will we play defense consistently? 

GMG

Edited by djohnnie
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Andrew said:

With the way Reese is playing Woolridge may be the better option at point. Take our three seniors off the bench and give Woolridge, Frazier, Lawson, Conbs, and Brice the go. 

Second squad would be Reese, Brown, Johnson, Holston, and Green. 

Temara has played well. I'm not sure I would have Holston at the 4 spot much.

Also, we assume Woolridge will be perfect at the point ,  but he still has little experience playing at this level .  I think our want for better point guard play puts higher hopes on Woolridge then normal. 

I think Johnson,  Brown,  Frazier, Holston, and Lawson will share the bulk of the 2 wing spots.  Only one not considered a scorer is Holston, but defensely you have to have him in the game cause he puts the pressure on the opponent's best scorers. Brown can too, but doesn't have the height to have the impact Holston does. 

We don't know if Frazier or Woolridge will play that type of defense. Johnson tends to pickup fouls when he puts pressure on. I don't think we are just going to out score other teams without having a true impact on the defensive end.

Deckie and Frazier are both seniors, so there is some pressure to  get them minutes. I see Brown getting the short end of the stick this year if Deckie gets his shot going and Frazier meets expectations. He's too good of a player,  so they will squeeze him in where they can.

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, Bullyballer said:

Temara has played well. I'm not sure I would have Holston at the 4 spot much.

Also, we assume Woolridge will be perfect at the point ,  but he still has little experience playing at this level .  I think our want for better point guard play puts higher hopes on Woolridge then normal. 

I think Johnson,  Brown,  Frazier, Holston, and Lawson will share the bulk of the 2 wing spots.  Only one not considered a scorer is Holston, but defensely you have to have him in the game cause he puts the pressure on the opponent's best scorers. Brown can too, but doesn't have the height to have the impact Holston does. 

We don't know if Frazier or Woolridge will play that type of defense. Johnson tends to pickup fouls when he puts pressure on. I don't think we are just going to out score other teams without having a true impact on the defensive end.

Deckie and Frazier are both seniors, so there is some pressure to  get them minutes. I see Brown getting the short end of the stick this year if Deckie gets his shot going and Frazier meets expectations. He's too good of a player,  so they will squeeze him in where they can.

I thought if Frazier played out the year he would have another year of eligibility? This is fourth year but I feel like I read somewhere that he could get another year. Not sure that it makes sense to me since he has played in at least 10 games the past three season... 

I also just tossed Holston in at the four because of his length and I was trying to make an even ten. All eleven guys can be on at any given moment. Benford needs to find the right combo. I think Holston does get overlooked because he doesn't produce on the offensive side of the ball. He is a great defender with length. It's nice to see a few people recognize that.

Edited by Andrew
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2