It's quiet in here tonight and I think I know why

Harry

I think OU insured the Big12 will be left out of the playoffs again. Even though OU will probably run the table against TCU and OSU, the committee won't place them in the top 4 with that loss to Texas on their resume.

The committeee is more ridiculous than the BCS. OU is football royalty like Bama. They win out they are in. Period.

Memphis beat Ole Miss, then lost to Navy and then Houston. Houston can win out and get no shot. Wrong pedigree.
Ole Miss lost to Memphis, Florida and then Arkansas. Ole Miss beat Bama, but that won't matter. Bama is Bama.

We all love college football, if not we would not be on a fan blog. However, it is a joke in America that we settle the championship intangibles like "quality" of wins and style points....

I hope Houston is rewarded if they win out, however history does not support that reality.

The committeee is more ridiculous than the BCS. OU is football royalty like Bama. They win out they are in. Period.

Memphis beat Ole Miss, then lost to Navy and then Houston. Houston can win out and get no shot. Wrong pedigree.
Ole Miss lost to Memphis, Florida and then Arkansas. Ole Miss beat Bama, but that won't matter. Bama is Bama.

We all love college football, if not we would not be on a fan blog. However, it is a joke in America that we settle the championship intangibles like "quality" of wins and style points....

I hope Houston is rewarded if they win out, however history does not support that reality.

LOL! I disagree.

If Ohio State, Notre Dame, Bama, and Clemson also "win out", which one do you expect the committee to drop for OU? 

OU does not have a great OOC win on its' resume (Tennessee is currently 6-4). Of the one loss teams, OU's 7 point loss to a 4-6 Texas team is ugliest (Notre Dame lost to a 10-0 Clemson by 2 points, Bama lost to a 7-3 Ol' Miss by 6 points). The Big12 won't be in the playoff this season.

• Downvote 1

LOL! I disagree.

If Ohio State, Notre Dame, Bama, and Clemson also "win out", which one do you expect the committee to drop for OU? 

OU does not have a great OOC win on its' resume (Tennessee is currently 6-4). Of the one loss teams, OU's 7 point loss to a 4-6 Texas team is ugliest (Notre Dame lost to a 10-0 Clemson by 2 points, Bama lost to a 7-3 Ol' Miss by 6 points). The Big12 won't be in the playoff this season.

Clemson is the only one on your list that isn't a blue blood of college football, I hope they can hold on.

No one can tell the future, but the great Alabama lost to a decent Ole Miss team. They lost early and were forgiven. Texas is a mess, but they beat OU in a rivalry game. The "committee" takes those things into consideration or so it appears. I hope Oklahoma State wins out and throws the whole thing into disarray.

Regardless it is a popularity contest. If you say otherwise I will assume you work for ESPN...

• Downvote 1

Now watch OU get playoff consideration bc of this W over a 2nd string QB. OU lost to pitiful UT. There should be no such talk, but they will because people are dumb. 

It's a bad loss, and OU certainly can't blame anyone but themselves if they get left out and I do not think they will be considered, but I think the fact that is a rivalry game may be lost on you.

Arguably, Baylor's loss to OU may be the best loss, and TCUs loss to OSU may be better than that, Bedlam and the OU TCU game will tell. The fact that we are talking about the best loss, is proof that the Big12 is out probably going to be left out of consideration.

• Upvote 1

Maybe if they were undefeated, which they're not, and won out.  The Big 12 just seems to think they can rely on that "tradition", which means nothing to so many.