Defensive Alignment issue

GMG24

large.IMG_2615.JPG.cd3a32dcb03de2ab1206e

I am not sure if this picture is going to be big enough to show what I am talking about.  This alignment scares me, on the bottom of the picture they have a TE and Wing were in a 3, 5, and "Wide 9" being the corner back as your edge support.  

From the center to the TE on the top side they have man for man because we have shifted the LB's to the strength.  

We have a 1 technique between the guard and Center, a LB in a 50 technique head up on Tackle, and a DE playing Head up on TE looking to attack the C gap from my vantage point, all they need to run is toss/stretch to the wide side of the field based on our alignment.  

They choose to throw a hot route because as you can see our corner is 10 yards from LOS what in the name of all that is holy do we think we are doing?  I am not saying we need to be press man the entire time, but seems like our corners watch guys run by anyway.   Why not mix it up and try to throw timing of routes off go from press to a 5-6 yard cushion at least know you've taken away 1 route by alignment, where we line up right now is SCREAMING to be taken advantage of all the way down the field.  

Also based on this alignment if they did run a toss/stretch play to the wide side of the field, that Receiver can free release to go block the safety and now all the RB has to do is make a Corner (typically a guy not wanting to do a whole lot of tackling) miss.  Not only is that all he has to do, but he will have plenty of room before having to make him miss as the Corner is 10 yards from the ball and even if he triggers quick the RB will have gained 3-4 yards.  Just my two cents but I want everyone to see I have more frustrations than just QB.  :) Thats for all you who think I only hate McNulty I have several BIG problems with the team and its current state. That is all have a wonderful day, and GMG. 

• Upvote 2

Technically we have 8 on there 8 in the box when you count our boundary CB. Basing on our alignment we are in some sort of read  quarters look most likely to get both safeties involved in the run game, which really gets you 10 in the box. You give up the hitch. We probably are preventing the big play, which in our defense is what we want. Haven't been very good at that part, but that is lack of talent.