2015 Conference USA Spring Football Preview

GOMG2013

http://campusinsiders.com/network/cfp/news/2015-conference-usa-spring-football-preview

North Texas
Start: March 10, Spring Game: April 18

The Mean Green is eyeing a swift rebound, because it’s too easy to lose momentum in a place like Denton. Prior to winning nine games in 2013, North Texas had strung together eight losing seasons in a row, testament to the difficulty of thriving on this campus. And any hints that the futility has returned will crush Dan McCarney’s chances of winning the always-grueling recruiting battles with rivals from Conference USA and the American. After openly expressing the rigors of being the Mean Green head coach, McCarney will be under the microscope to pilot the team back to a bowl game and a winning mark in 2015.

No one is worried about … the special teamers. Offense and defense may be dotted with questions, but the Mean Green is set in the kicking game. PK Trevor Moore and P Eric Keena showcased their young legs last fall, each earning honorable mention All-Conference USA for their pop and accuracy.

Extra attention must be given to … the quarterbacks. McCarney switched quarterbacks three times in 2014, but the results were the same—uneven and inconsistent. Andrew McNulty, Dajon Williams and Josh Greer combined to throw as many picks and touchdowns. The trio will be joined by redshirt freshman Connor Means and JUCO transfer DaMarcus Smith in the race to locate a playmaker under center.

• Upvote 1

Growing up in Lewisville, UNT was the school we aspired to attend. I spent several weekends in the library in the campus library and competing in debate tournaments. I played football as well and never heard anything like that article. I move to San Antonio and read that...I even have family in Michigan I am steering there for music study. All I can think is what the !$#& is going on. I love this forum because there is a lot of good football talk, but to read stuff like that is nuts.

• Upvote 3

Is that article real? UNT is in the top recruiting area in a top 3 recruiting state. The facilities are nice and there is tradition....what gives?

Well, the part that read..."After openly expressing the rigors of being the Mean Green head coach, McCarney will be under the microscope..." has to do with Mac telling everyone it's difficult to recruit here. It doesn't seem to be a problem for programs from Ruston or Monroe to recruit well here. But for the program with the nicest, newest facilities and advantages of location etc... it seems to be?

Rick

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2