2015 class thoughts

H-towngreen

I've been pretty quiet on this 2015 class, for a long while it looked like Mac was going to bomb on this class. In the last few weeks he really pulled it together and closed hard. I'm actually fairly impressed with the class, both in terms of players and the positions added.

QB- we added a Juco in Smith who should've been here this spring to compete. He is a true swing for the fences get. He could wreck shop and claim the starting spot immediately or never make it to campus. Also added is gray shirt Caleb Chumley. He is an interesting prospect who has barely played QB, but has a huge frame that can be used at TE or DE if things don't work out. If he ends up moving I think he has all conference potential wherever he ends up.

We added 2 big bodied TEs in Smith and Dillman. These two and possibly Chumley should be able to step in after Marcus Smith leaves us after this season. 2 solid gets here! Very excited about their potential.

OL- 5 OL coming in with one being Ochs, a Juco. You bring in jucos to start so he needs to otherwise its a wasted ship. I'm most excited about early enrolle Creighton Barr. I wouldn't be surprised to see him in the 2 deep after spring. Murray and Woodworth are both projects that will need a lot of time. munden has a good chance to contribute early in his career.

DL is where I'm most excited though, really impressed with what we ended up with here. Eli Howard was a great get and will play this season.mreally like his potential. combs was a great Juco get at DE. We added impact and depth at DE. Harrison and young already have the frames to help this season but I imagine they redshirt to get a year of strength under them. Solid additions at the toughest spot to fill.

You can see that Mac and company were not happy with what we had at DB and went after it hard. Preston is a huge get for us.

Billy, I'd love to see your breakdown of how we did and your expectations for the guys we added.

I know, the list is long, but here are my thoughts on each.

Williams: The most talent of the returning QB's. If the head catches up then look out. I hope he matures. I think we all forget he was just a RS Freshman last year.

Smith: Comes in with all the accolades, but has moved around a lot. Hoping the grade issue works itself out and he applies himself here. If so, he has the potential to be our best QB in decades.

Means: RS that has the size and make up. Does that translate to success on the field? I don't know, but his HS senior year stats lead me to wonder.

Dillman: Highly recruited and ranked QB prior to transfer to Guyer, injury, position change and eligibility issues. Hasn't played QB in a couple of years.

Chumley: Recruit with a number of offers, but our's appears to be the only one that provided him a chance to play QB. I hope he is right and all those D1, FCS coaches that didn't offer at QB are wrong.