Mean Green Friday Night in Tulsa

ntsumgspe

What kind of place are you looking for? I can suggest a few.

If you want something with some character and are downtown you can try James E. McNellie's Public House. A great two story Irish pub with decent cheap food.

If you want something with a more complex menu, I would suggest Kilkenny's Pub on Cherry Street. A great Irish pub in the strictest sense with wonderful food (start with the baked brie with honey and then move on to bangers and mash or any of their boxtys.) If you are a group and want a table you'll want a reservation here. McNellies, just walk in. They also have a bar for smaller groups.

If you are looking for long community tables with benches and great handmade local sausages and brats, check out Fassler Hall downtown. They (like all of these suggestions) have a massive selection of fine beers.

Wear skinny jeans and ride your fixie around campus? Check out Soundpony downtown. It's where the bike crowd hangs out. Smoke free and some decent music on occasion.

Want to hang out with the cool crowd and bowl while you drink? Check out the Dust Bowl bar downtown. They have three small lanes inside the bar.

Child of the 80/90s and want to relive that time? Check out The MAX. 80s themed bar complete with a large selection of arcade games and Saved by the Bell reruns on the tv most of the time.

Looking for a most complex experience? Try The Valkyrie in the Brady Dristrict. It's a classy upscale bar with a large selection of craft cocktails.

Wherever you land make sure you try some beers from Marshall Brewery, Tulsa's best micro brewery is located just outside of downtown. Great beers. Almost everyone in town will have them. McNellie's will have the largest selection.

OK, that's enough to get you started isn't it?

If you are looking for the uptown Dallas meat market feel head to Brookside. I can't give you specific advice there.... not my scene.

Shane

• Upvote 2