Chant

houstonmeangreen

I love the NORTH TEXAS chant...

how about a MEAN GREEN chant.....would sound great in Apogee.

can the cheerleaders make some signs for this and lets do a couple of MEAN GREEN chants during the game?

I like this idea. Let's try it out. The cheerleaders already have the signs made. I imagine that a perfect time for the cheerleaders to lead the crowd in this chant is between the 3rd and 4th quarters. I think this chant has more potential to pump up the players and give them a lift going into the 4th quarter than the high school prom song that is usually played at that time.

I like this idea. Let's try it out. The cheerleaders already have the signs made. I imagine that a perfect time for the cheerleaders to lead the crowd in this chant is between the 3rd and 4th quarters. I think this chant has more potential to pump up the players and give them a lift going into the 4th quarter than the high school prom song that is usually played at that time.

We need maybe 4 chants per game...maybe best after big plays, TD, et al...it says ...in your face !!...we are The University of Nroth Texas Mean Green !

• Upvote 1

Make it simple. NORTH TEXAS back and forth two to three times. Then cheerleaders hold up signs. MEAN and GREEN for each side (saying it once). Band ends it. Simple.

I like this. Someone tell the cheerleaders. The chant does seem to go on too long.

If it were shorter we could do it more often.

Go Mean Green

• Upvote 1

And how, Chief Rising Eagle. We need something really inspiring and spirited between the 3rd and 4th quarters. Texas does "Deep in the Heart of Teas". We need something too. I still like Steve Allen's old "This Could Be the Start of Something Big". Its upbeat, jazzy and classic. If not at the end of the third, then maybe after a big play. If you haven't heard it for awhile, find a good upbeat version and give it a listen.
  • Upvote 1