BREAKING NEWS! GMG.COM BASKETBALL GAME

KRAM1

BREAKING NEWS! Cheer Clinic Added to the day's event schedule:

NORTH TEXAS CHEER MINI CLINC - Grades K-8th...cost: $25 and includes not only the clinic but a t-shirt, face "tattoo" and a snack with NT Cheer team members and coaches. Place: Strickland Middle School Gym - Denton (location of this year's GMG.Com BB game), Time: Check-in begins at 9AM and ends with the snack at 11:00AM followed by the GMG.Com BB game where we might just have some young clinic attendees cheering at the game!

11:15...basketball game tips off!

I will post a Cheer Clinic info sheet and registration form soon. In the mean time...if you have questions PM me with your email address and I can get a form emailed to you ASAP! Bring your future Cheer Team members out for this great clinic before the basketball game....lots of fun.

• Upvote 2

Need one. Bad. :)

If you play, you get for for your player fee of $25. But, if can't play, PM me with the size and color you want...we sell them on pre-order sales only for $25. Yes, a bit pricy for just a tee, but it is part of the fund-raising effort. All BB game proceeds go to support UNT Cheer.

Look great, don't they?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

UPDATE...Sign-up DEADLINE IS FRIDAY, MARCH 8th at 5:00PM!

Folks, we really do need some players...actually several....if you can play or know someone who can...we do need you. It's for a very good cause and it really is a lot of fun!

Seriously...we need you!

Edited by KRAM1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I can play. Put me down for a medium shirt. Do I pay the fee the day of or how does that work?

Got you down. Excellent. You can simply pay at the event when you sign-in and pick up your shirt. Or, if you prefer, you can mail in a check. If you want to pre-pay, just PM me and I'll let you know how to make out the check and where to send it. Many thanks for the support.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Update....we have one of our referees set. Troy Kokjohn has agreed to return to referee for us again this year while his Dad works the silent auction table.

Thanks guys, can't tell you how much I appreciate your support...and so do the members of the Cheer Squad!

Need another ref....anyone who would like to ref just let me know.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

We have a Cheer Squad Alumni member, and one of the folks who helped get this event ff the ground, playing this year....

Welcome Matt Sherman to the GMG.Com BB Classic 3! We are glad to have you with us!

• Upvote 1

OK, we are now have a "set" of referees for this Classic!

Troy Kokjohn will be joined by Will Overlander (older brother and golfer supreme to Clarke Overlander) as referees for this "Classic" game! Thank you Troy for coming back for another referee stint and thank you Will for agreeing to run herd on the game as well. So, we have refs that can definitely keep up with the players, so "let the game begin"!

• Upvote 2

GREAT NEWS! We have our very first FEMALE player sign-up!!!

BRITTANY STREMPKE, sister of UNT Cheer Squad member Allison Strempke, has signed-up to play!!!

So, all you ladies who have just been waiting for the first female to sign up to play can stop waiting....join Brittany and sign-up!!! Welcome Britanny, we are super glad to have you!

You folks better look out and Ms Strempke's got game!

• Upvote 1

How many do we have signed up right now?

In the neighborhood of 14...including you! Really appreciate your support and agreeing to play. With the number playing you can definitely "rest" and sub out as often as you feel you need to in order to "save" your legs for the run the next day! You can do this...you are young! :goodjob::thumbsu:

• Upvote 2

WE are adding Mitchell and Andy Maggard and Justin John (ex-Cheer Squad member) to our roster of players and we have our third referee...Cheer Coach Tracy O'Neal's husband...sorry don't have his first name...has agreed to be our third ref.

OK, just need a couple of additional players and we are set! We are "good to go" as is, but a couple more players can help with the substitution patterns for some of our more "in shape challenged" players! Just sayin.....

Thanks to all who have stepped up so far to support this event and the great members of UNT'S Cheer Squad. It's going to be fun!

• Upvote 2

In the neighborhood of 14...including you! Really appreciate your support and agreeing to play. With the number playing you can definitely "rest" and sub out as often as you feel you need to in order to "save" your legs for the run the next day! You can do this...you are young! :goodjob::thumbsu:

I like how being in your mid 30s still makes you young.

I just want to keep my legs fresh since I have a personal goal of beating my personal record of 2 hours 37 minutes. I hope to beat this PR either with this run or another one in April.

• Upvote 1

Rosters have pretty much been set...so here's what we have at the moment for this year's GoMeanGreen Basketball Classic III:

GREEN TEAM:

UNT90 - Coach

meangreenacct

forevereagle

UNTAlumni.com

M. Maggard

Golden

B. Strempke

CARP

Sherman

Brown

WHITE TEAM:

Harry - Coach

Thor

FloMoGrad

UNTFan23

Ragemaster5000

A. Maggard

Fairchild

J. John

Operator

Coach

Our Referees for this year's Classic include:

Kokjohn, T.

Overlander, W.

Knox

O'Neal

We may have another player or two join us, but as of now...these are the teams for this year's CLASSIC! Let the tyrash talking begin.......

• Upvote 2

This is gonna be my first time to ever be on white...between fball and bball , something like 7 games...I need another white shirt! Gonna be fun and drinking!!!

Indeed it is...and remember...the after-event at Rudy's...need a good number there as well...and Rudy's has beer! GREATNESS!

I am thinking of adding a collection of beer glasses to the silent auction...various glass shapes and logos...think I could get any bids???

See you on the 23rd! Really appreciate the support for this event.

• Upvote 1

Rosters have pretty much been set...so here's what we have at the moment for this year's GoMeanGreen Basketball Classic III:

GREEN TEAM:

UNT90 - Coach

meangreenacct

forevereagle

UNTAlumni.com

M. Maggard

Golden

B. Strempke

CARP

Sherman

Brown

WHITE TEAM:

Harry - Coach

Thor

FloMoGrad

UNTFan23

Ragemaster5000

A. Maggard

Fairchild

J. John

Operator

Coach

Our Referees for this year's Classic include:

Kokjohn, T.

Overlander, W.

Knox

O'Neal

We may have another player or two join us, but as of now...these are the teams for this year's CLASSIC! Let the tyrash talking begin.......

2 over 40, defensive-minded old white guy coaches.

I predict a final of 29-22

EDIT: Yes Emmitt, I will actually be a coach on the floor, bring my lunch pail, and have a semi-high basketball intellect. I cannot speak for Harry.

Edited by UNT90
  • Downvote 1