Longhorn fans want Jim Jim

BillySee58

I've been pretty outspoken about my wish for Antoine to get more touches over Byrd, but all that aside I think we are pretty fortunate to have 3 good backs and a very special one in #22. I stumbled across this and thought that it was pretty cool that "NTU" got a mention on this longhorns fan board because of Jim Jim's amazing run on the screen play to beat LaLa.

http://longhornfanzone.net/forums/showthread.php?t=66114

I know this is just a fan who said this, but this is a LONGHORN FAN! These guys think their poop don't smell and they talk a little about how special a play that was and how they want to steal Jim Jim. A little disrespect calling us NTU but still the fact remains that anyone who saw that run, regardless of what fan base they belong to, realizes how special an athlete we have.

Let's get after MUTS tomorrow, just wanted to give one more bit of praise to that special play that we will remember for some time.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Man, I hate to be a kill joy, but this is a three-post thread on a UT board. That's like lauding your picnic cake because a couple ants went home to their mega colony to brag about the taste.

Your poop reference made me laugh though.

Haha yeah I know. I kinda debated posting it because of that, but I just think it's cool that the play caught the attention of people from other fan bases as other school's boards were talking about that play, from what I've heard on here.

This is just a small example of how being on national TV can really be a good thing. Let's just go ahead and make a bowl game so we can be on national TV again.

Any time one of our standout players starts to get looks from anyone else, they don't leave. We have very loyal players, and I think a lot of that is due to the fact that we gave them a shot when the others said "no," and we ensure their academic success instead of just trying to squeeze them through the eligibility process so that they know they have options other than praying for the ever-elusive professional career. I don't care if it's their fans or their AD, I don't see any of our players jumping ship for anywhere else. If they only show interest after you excel with the school that gave you your shot, they aren't worth your time. The only exceptions I can see are if it was for family reasons or to pursue a major that wasn't offered here.

Any time one of our standout players starts to get looks from anyone else, they don't leave. We have very loyal players, and I think a lot of that is due to the fact that we gave them a shot when the others said "no," and we ensure their academic success instead of just trying to squeeze them through the eligibility process so that they know they have options other than praying for the ever-elusive professional career. I don't care if it's their fans or their AD, I don't see any of our players jumping ship for anywhere else. If they only show interest after you excel with the school that gave you your shot, they aren't worth your time. The only exceptions I can see are if it was for family reasons or to pursue a major that wasn't offered here.

Amen brotha