Do we need Power to have a Running game?

Harry

Drew Miller has been decent in limited time and he came up huge last week but Tanner Smith just does not look ready to be an FBS TE yet IMO. I wish Power was more of a receiving threat though. I can't even imagine the type of difference an Andy Blount would make for this team in terms of opening up the run game through play action.

Edited by ntmeangreen11
  • Upvote 1

Drew Miller has been decent in limited time and he came up huge last week but Tanner Smith just does not look ready to be an FBS TE yet IMO.

I can't even imagine the type of difference an Andy Blount would make for this team.

In defense of Tanner he was interfered with bad on that one pass and the resulting penalty helped that drive. Blount was a terrific receiver that was not a good blocker but he would most certainly make a big impact on this team.

Drew Miller has been decent in limited time and he came up huge last week but Tanner Smith just does not look ready to be an FBS TE yet IMO. I wish Power was more of a receiving threat though. I can't even imagine the type of difference an Andy Blount would make for this team in terms of opening up the run game through play action.

In order for Power to be more of a receiving threat, the ball needs to be thrown to him. Its on the play calling and DT. Power is open on most routes he runs, but DT doesn't see him especially if he is the 2nd or 3rd read.

• Upvote 1