Volleyball Musings

GrandGreen

Ken Murczek has done a great job winning the Western Division his first year in 2010 going 20-13 after the team went 12-21 the year before. Last year the team slumped a little to a 17-17 record and 7-9 in the conference.

I think he is putting a team together that could really be very good. He has added Hanna Forst who played in the spring a sophomore transfer from U of South Carolina. He has signed I believe the first hs volleyball All American Carnae Dillard ever at NT. Also unannounced to my knowledge but on the current roster is a juco All American from California , Karissa Flack.

With these signings and others plus a good nucleus of returning players, he seems to be putting together a team that could rival other NT premier girl teams; soccer and tennis.

A funny story about last years class. One of our basketball coach's (Angela O) helped Ken find a gem in Shermanm(?). She was there scouting one of their lady basketball players & saw a player jumping out of the gym that also played VB. She told Ken to check her out. Come to find out her family is dirt poor. She did not play club VB & so she was way under the radar. Well, Ken loved her(?). I'm really excited about all this bunch coming in this year. Just think, this year we are recruiting for CUSA too with that class already on board.

• Upvote 2