Injuries follow Dodge; Carey leads

http://www.chron.com/sports/article/Cody-Stroud-to-go-it-alone-as-McNeese-St-QB-2192878.php

Riley's been out the last two games at McNeese with an undisclosed injury suffered against Southeastern Louisiana.

I can't believe they're still lining the kid up at QB after all the beating he took up here. He wasn't starting, but from the article, says they were putting him in on 3rd and 4th downs. You'd expect a lot of blizting on 3rd downs.

McNeese is 3-2 so far and Darius Carey is leading them in receiving. He's also returned a punt for a TD. Competition is lighter, to be sure. You just wonder how different things could be if Darius was still around here.

Probably not too different because of the QB situation at Tulsa. Still, with Outlaw out, it would have been nice to have Darius in there.

I like that McCarney is bringing discipline to the team. It's just too bad Darius was a casualty of it.

• Upvote 1

I too appreciate the displine. Have you noticed we haven't drawn an unsportsman like conduct penalty all season. Also no late hits or roughing.(if I'm wrong, please hammer me)

I never heard what caused Coach MaC to 'fire' Darius Carey. Some will say it doesn't matter, but as an ardent follower of the Mean Green, I want to know more than, he violated team rules." The same as I'd want to know more than "an undisclosed" injury is keeping "X" out of this week's game. I'd want to know what kind of injury. I wish Riley well also.

GO MEAN GREEN

• Upvote 1

I too appreciate the displine. Have you noticed we haven't drawn an unsportsman like conduct penalty all season. Also no late hits or roughing.(if I'm wrong, please hammer me)

I never heard what caused Coach MaC to 'fire' Darius Carey. Some will say it doesn't matter, but as an ardent follower of the Mean Green, I want to know more than, he violated team rules." The same as I'd want to know more than "an undisclosed" injury is keeping "X" out of this week's game. I'd want to know what kind of injury. I wish Riley well also.

GO MEAN GREEN

We did get a bogus call for roughing against UH when Keenum was barely touched and flopped like he was shot.