A Proud Mean Green Moment

so, yesterday as I am leaving work this guy sees me leave the building and says...hey, I see you wearing UNT stuff a lot and I was wondering...how old are you? Well, odd or so I thought until he says...you may be about the age of a guy that works in our office, Lonnie Givens, and who played ball at UNT. Wow...two things...first, the guy noticed that i often wear UNT and UNT Alumni logo'ed items to work, and second, he knew the guy in his office went to UNT and played ball there! I'll head up to the 4th floor to meet the guy the next time I am in the office after the 1st of the year...yep, out until the new year...YIPPEE! Small world, huh?

After meeting "Lonnie" I will definitely ask if he is a member of the Alumni Association and the Mean Green Club. I hope the answer is "yes" to both. I may recognize Lonnie immediately and hope I do so I can again place a name with a face of a member of the Mean Green Nation.

Point is..some random guy had noticed that I often wear Mean Green gear around the office (yes, I am fortunate enough to now work where I can do so). That means people do notice! It is important as we try to raise the awareness level of UNT around the Metroplex that this sort of thing happen...it did make me feel pretty good as I drove home last evening. Just another small "win"...very small but a win none the less...for the Mean Green nation.

I hope everyone is proud to wear Mean Green/UNT gear and does it often...not just when attending Mean Green games.

Put a smile on my face! GO MEAN GREEN!

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 5