Kntu On Firing

Mean Green 93-98

Guest MeanGreenHomer

I don't want Bower either, but the way Rick answered my question during the press conference made it seem like he was already leaning that way. My choice would be Major Applewhite, who is a huge Texas name and I think would utilize Dunbar properly and Byrd in the future.

I don't want Bower either, but the way Rick answered my question during the press conference made it seem like he was already leaning that way. My choice would be Major Applewhite, who is a huge Texas name and I think would utilize Dunbar properly and Byrd in the future.

NO to any assistant that has not been a HC. We don't need a learning curve time loss again/

Wish someone one had come out and asked "Has any consideration been given to Jeff Bower?" While RV probably would not have directly answered the question, the way he danced around it would have been interesting for all to watch. Anyway to read the tea leaves! And sometimes, they actually do answer the question.

You really think anyone at Texas knows how to use running backs? You can't be serious.

• Upvote 1

No, no, no. A thousand times no!

Major Applewhite is a position coach at UT. He's the running backs coach. And, how has the Longhorn run game looked the past few seasons? Awful.

Also, OU bangers, no to Josh Heupel. No, to any position coach. Applewhite and Heupel aren't even coordinators yet.

Look, we've got to stop thinking of ourselves as some bush league "try out" school for unknowns and assistants. If we want to be big and win consistently, we've got to hire someone who has already proven they know how to do it at this level.

Applewhite and Heupel were handed jobs by their alma maters because neither of them were good enough to even so much as hold a clipboard in the NFL. Neither one has been given even partial coordinator responsibilites - and both have been coaching at their respective schools for about a decade!

Okay, no! No to position coaches. No to hometown and regional heroes. Go out and get a real football coach who has real skins on the wall from programs that he built. Not some free-riding position coach that a few in that fanbase think about with some twisted nostalgia from their long gone playing days.

Edited by The Fake Lonnie Finch
  • Upvote 2

No, no, no. A thousand times no!

Major Applewhite is a position coach at UT. He's the running backs coach. And, how has the Longhorn run game looked the past few seasons? Awful.

Also, OU bangers, no to Josh Heupel. No, to any position coach. Applewhite and Heupel aren't even coordinators yet.

Look, we've got to stop thinking of ourselves as some bush league "try out" school for unknowns and assistants. If we want to be big and win consistently, we've got to hire someone who has already proven they know how to do it at this level.

Applewhite and Heupel were handed jobs by their alma maters because neither of them were good enough to even so much as hold a clipboard in the NFL. Neither one has been given even partial coordinator responsibilites - and both have been coaching at their respective schools for about a decade!

Okay, no! No to position coaches. No to hometown and regional heroes. Go out and get a real football coach who has real skins on the wall from programs that he built. Not some free-riding position coach that a few in that fanbase think about with some twisted nostalgia from their long gone playing days.

+100000000000000000000000000000000