Listening To Your Fan Base

I think we would all acknowledge that we haven't all directly supported every department in the University.

It's not very easy to directly support, say, Poly Sci for example. I wish them well, but what can you do, really? I was super proud when the TX Historical Society moved its offices here from Austin a few years ago, especially since I was a History major.

I just don't understand the people who say that athletics and music cannot be friends. It doesn't make sense to me. Both provide great entertainment for a very reasonable price. Added to that, the COM is as much a "window to the university" as the AD is.

Perhaps as a gesture of peace and being the bigger people the AD should start making sure that the student athletes support their fellow students and go to a concert or two every semester. Seeing a coach or two in the Murchison now and again wouldn't hurt either.

I'm rambling a bit, but I think my main point is that it's stupid for one part of an institution to be against other parts of it. Can't we all just get along?