Say It Ain't So Joe

MCMLXXX

Of course its overblown. They did an interview with Ruttiger and he came out and said that a few players went to Devine and said they wanted Rudy to play in their place, but every player handing in their jersey was Hollywood. Although the entire stadium wasn't chanting, there were some people in the student section chanting.It sounds to me like the writer has his panties in a wad because he wasnt good enough to make his 8th grade team. Not sure what led Dan Patrick down that line of questioning with Joe Montana. Its not like there are years of history in Joe's own career to talk about. Not like it really matters. Its a great movie about working hard enough to achieve your dreams. That and Dan Patrick hasn't been relevant since he and Keith left Sportscenter.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Are you sure you aren't a little biased.......Rudy? :ph34r:

Not really. How am I biased? I acknowledged the movie was fixed for hollywood. I was on the JV team when that movie came out. The varsity team went to see it, came back, and imediately game me the nickname. I never gave myself the nickname, but I did bust my ass day in and day out, and I will always be proud of what I did and the job I did.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Not really. How am I biased? I acknowledged the movie was fixed for hollywood. I was on the JV team when that movie came out. The varsity team went to see it, came back, and imediately game me the nickname. I never gave myself the nickname, but I did bust my ass day in and day out, and I will always be proud of what I did and the job I did.

Whoa, I just though it was funny that your screen name was also Rudy...I wasn't accusing you of anything. I apologize if it came across like that. I certainly was not insinuating that you should not be proud of yourself. I never even played football so...

Whoa, I just though it was funny that your screen name was also Rudy...I wasn't accusing you of anything. I apologize if it came across like that. I certainly was not insinuating that you should not be proud of yourself. I never even played football so...

No worries, it takes alot to get me riled up, usually. :lol: Just wasnt sure how I came across biased, i thought maybe it was the Dan Patrick comment. But, yes, I was nicknamed because of the movie, and I figured Id go ahead and tell the story of how I got it before someone asked.