Clemson Message Board Threads About Game

NT80

Clemson still has 523 users on their message board at 11:22pm Dallas time. Some interesting posts from Clemson's fan board....

http://www.gomeangreen.com/forums/index.php?app=links&gotolink=13

Posted: Yesterday 6:18 PM

Big Plays

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank God for all the big plays. This game has been far more competitive than the score. Whew

• Upvote 2

"I could probably grade yesterday's performance, but after thinking about it awhile, I think I need to give credit to the North Texas group causing our performance to appear less than what it was.

They have a pretty darn good coach, as he coached a Texas HS team to 4 of the past 5 5A state titles - so the man knows how to coach. That doesn't always translate to the college level, but in his case, I think it does.

Also, Dunbar could play on anyone's team. We have excellent defenders and he was moving thru them easily most times. The guy is simply that good.

And their QB and WR's are EXPERIENCED, and were very good last season. They might be even better this year.

Anyone that doesn't think NT will win a bunch of games this season is not looking. We beat a very solid, well-coached team that was firing on all cylinders. We just outplayed them. We'll be fine."

Wow.

• Upvote 1

from their board

Dunbar could play on anyone's team. We have excellent defenders and he was moving thru them easily most times. The guy is simply that good.

And their QB and WR's are EXPERIENCED, and were very good last season. They might be even better this year.

Anyone that doesn't think NT will win a bunch of games this season is not looking. We beat a very solid, well-coached team that was firing on all cylinders. We just outplayed them

They have a pretty darn good coach, as he coached a Texas HS team to 4 of the past 5 5A state titles - so the man knows how to coach. That doesn't always translate to the college level, but in his case, I think it does.

Interesting that they think 5-32 means he can coach, yet they forced a guy out in Bowden who went 72-45, but why sweat the details.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

after a good night's sleep I've come to this conclusion: There is NO way to put a positive spin our defense's performance. period. It's not how many yards North Texas gained, it's how they gained them. From the opening kickoff to the closing whistle they controlled the clock and dragged our defense up and down the field methodically carving out yards. They had quick slants, posts, passes up the middle and Dunbar ran at will. Our D Line looked soft, our LB's non-existent and our D-backs asleep at the wheel. If you take away our 3 longest plays we end up with minimal yardage. If you take away their 3 longest plays, it's still a 400+ yard game for North Texas. With TOP 3 times longer than Clemson's, it's obvious that we did not have a single answer on D. Are they well coached? Hell yes, I give North Texas a lot of credit. However, it wasn't our second string defense that they had their way with. I don't want to be all doom and gloom after the first week but the fact is that the score of this game does NOT reflect how close this could have been. North Texas was devastated by penalties all game whereas they worked in our favor throughout. This could easily have been a 21-17 victory

http://www.gomeangreen.com/forums/index.php?app=links&gotolink=13