Unt Alumni Event In Dc

Excellent! Our Alumni Association is really doing a great job these days of trying to both re-connect and stay connected with alumni.

Yeah, this is the first alumni get-together here that I've heard about -- except for the tour that Bataille did a couple years ago. Seriously, I had no idea there were more than 1000 of us here. So I'm glad someone is organizing this thing.

Yeah, this is the first alumni get-together here that I've heard about -- except for the tour that Bataille did a couple years ago. Seriously, I had no idea there were more than 1000 of us here. So I'm glad someone is organizing this thing.

You do know that you could organize events in the area any time you think it would be a good time to get some alums together, right? You don't have to wait on an "official" gathering set up entirely by the Alumni Association. That's what we do with the Denton Chapter. The Association can help you get the word out and all you need is a place that will give you a room and BINGO there you go!

I am not ragging on you at all, just mentioning to folks that the Association itself has limited personnel and very limited resources to set up events around the country on a regular basis, but that does not and would not stop them from helping someone who wanted to work as a coordinator in an area to get some Mixers/Watch parties, etc. going. I have found it to be fun and a great way to meet other alums. Sometimes we have a good turnout, sometimes not so great, but an after-hours mixer is a great way to end a work day no matter how many show up. Get in tough with Rob McKinney or any of the great folks at the Alumni Association and I am sure they will help you with Alumni materials, emails to local members, etc., etc.

Or, PM me and I'll be glad to help any way I can. Enjoy the event...talk to the Alumni folks there and see how you might help set up some regular mixers in the area. You will definitely be happy you did and I am sure other DC area alums will be so as well.

GO ALUMNI...GO MEAN GREEN!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

• 3 weeks later...

Just wanted to follow up on this...The alumni reception was held last night on Capitol Hill. There were around 50 or so people there -- mostly alumni. The dean of the College of Arts and Sciences was there, as was congressman Burgess. And for some reason, Kathleen Kennedy Townsend (former Maryland Lt. Governor and RFK's daughter) was there mingling with the crowd.

All in all a good event. I was really surprised by the turnout.

Just wanted to follow up on this...The alumni reception was held last night on Capitol Hill. There were around 50 or so people there -- mostly alumni. The dean of the College of Arts and Sciences was there, as was congressman Burgess. And for some reason, Kathleen Kennedy Townsend (former Maryland Lt. Governor and RFK's daughter) was there mingling with the crowd.

All in all a good event. I was really surprised by the turnout.

Thanks for the re-cap. Did you take the time to speak with anyone from the Alumni Assoc. about how you can help set up other Alumni events in the DC area or get some mixers going for UNT Alumni? I hope you did as they are really good to work with and very open to helping people set up local events. Good luck to all the DC area alums.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Thanks for the re-cap. Did you take the time to speak with anyone from the Alumni Assoc. about how you can help set up other Alumni events in the DC area or get some mixers going for UNT Alumni? I hope you did as they are really good to work with and very open to helping people set up local events. Good luck to all the DC area alums.

There is someone up here who is setting up events. I did put my name on the contact list for future events.