Tuition Still Great Bargain @ Texas Colleges

PlummMeanGreen

UPDATE: Friday evening (2/21/03) 6:00 PM Channel 8 news says UNT under graduates would only pay an additional $43 a semester once the tuition raise goes into affect as I understand the report.

I have no links (perhaps others do) but it is still a widely known fact that Texas public universities (no matter how high their tutions are raised soon) is still a bargain compared to most public universities across the USA.

There are out of state students who can pay out of state tuition at Texas public universities and still be better off than the cost of education in their home states. What do you think the main reason so many out-of-staters have always come to UNT to enroll in our College of Music--other than the high quality of that program? Also why so many out of staters came to North Texas to enroll in other programs as well.

I am concerned when I see an article where one UNT student says he'll have to get a 2'nd job; and this because his tuition will "only" be raised between 110 to 150 more (total) dollars than the previous semester? I wonder if I read that article correctly or perhaps he was mis-quoted?

Good golly! Why do you need a 2'nd job just to cover 110-150 additional dollars? Am I missing something here? I know there are many trips to Blockbuster, CD's to "not" buy, trips to Pizza Hut, recreation and leisure activities that most college age students could sacrafice to make up that kind of differerence and to do it easily (without needing a 2'nd job).

TEXAS POST SECONDARY EDUCATION IS STILL A GREAT BARGAIN ! smile.gif