Why I Think Dodge Will Be Here In 2010

untjim1995

I do believe that Todd Dodge will be the head coach here for 2010. I believe the number one reason for that is money. But after that, I believe that RV will look at this year and say we made the improvement competitively that he expected to see. Remember, his words on this season were to see us get back to being competitive in our games. I can't say I blame him, either, since in 2008, our games were basically over by the end of the first half. So, in reality, he has gotten his wish, even if we only win 2 games. He even can use that line as a reason to say that Dodge will be back. It will also give RV a full year to prepare a list of coaches that will be available and will come here for a salary of around $350-$400K, which is my guess for what the next coach will sign for, including TDodge if he turns this around next year. For Dodge to get that extension next year, though, he must win 7 games and make it to a bowl--unless they are all full. I believe that his OC will get fired this year, but I also think it won't matter because TD is the real OC anyhow. But, in reality, Dodge has his son back as a sophomore, a stud running back, solid receiving options, and a pretty solid OLine. Most of the defense will be back and another year of DeLoach's coaching will make it better, just as it did when he was here under DD after a few years on staff.

The biggest addition, though, for next year to be a huge success is not with the staff or with the players on offense or defense. We have got to find a legitimate kicker--one who can kick XPs, FGs beyond 30 yards, and can kickoff better than Charlie Brown in the Peanuts cartoon. It just costs the rest of you team so much if your kicking game is bad, so the biggest upgrade needs to be with Special Teams, with extra emphasis on the kicker. The schedule next year is tougher, although I HIGHLY DOUBT that KSU ever plays here, but I think the SBC play will determine if he gets the extension or gets fired. I would imagine it would be a win in 1 game OOC next year and 6 wins in SBC play or its over. In the end, though, although I believe Dodge will be back next year, it will also be his last. I just can't see a team going from 2 wins to 7 wins with the same coach and system that has failed badly before. But, as for the one thing that matters most, the financial benefit to the university and the AD will give Dodge 2010--you can take it to the bank.

I do believe that Todd Dodge will be the head coach here for 2010. I believe the number one reason for that is money. But after that, I believe that RV will look at this year and say we made the improvement competitively that he expected to see. Remember, his words on this season were to see us get back to being competitive in our games. I can't say I blame him, either, since in 2008, our games were basically over by the end of the first half. So, in reality, he has gotten his wish, even if we only win 2 games. He even can use that line as a reason to say that Dodge will be back. It will also give RV a full year to prepare a list of coaches that will be available and will come here for a salary of around $350-$400K, which is my guess for what the next coach will sign for, including TDodge if he turns this around next year. For Dodge to get that extension next year, though, he must win 7 games and make it to a bowl--unless they are all full. I believe that his OC will get fired this year, but I also think it won't matter because TD is the real OC anyhow. But, in reality, Dodge has his son back as a sophomore, a stud running back, solid receiving options, and a pretty solid OLine. Most of the defense will be back and another year of DeLoach's coaching will make it better, just as it did when he was here under DD after a few years on staff.

The biggest addition, though, for next year to be a huge success is not with the staff or with the players on offense or defense. We have got to find a legitimate kicker--one who can kick XPs, FGs beyond 30 yards, and can kickoff better than Charlie Brown in the Peanuts cartoon. It just costs the rest of you team so much if your kicking game is bad, so the biggest upgrade needs to be with Special Teams, with extra emphasis on the kicker. The schedule next year is tougher, although I HIGHLY DOUBT that KSU ever plays here, but I think the SBC play will determine if he gets the extension or gets fired. I would imagine it would be a win in 1 game OOC next year and 6 wins in SBC play or its over. In the end, though, although I believe Dodge will be back next year, it will also be his last. I just can't see a team going from 2 wins to 7 wins with the same coach and system that has failed badly before. But, as for the one thing that matters most, the financial benefit to the university and the AD will give Dodge 2010--you can take it to the bank.

Pay closer attention to your reading on this board.