Barbershop Podcast #60

Evan

North Texas has always played games on Saturday afternoon--it's when college football is meant to be played (as long as it's not 100+ degrees). B)

Harry, I think I remember you predicting big things for Lance Dunbar when he first committed. Looks like you hit the nail on the head once again (even though you missed the whole board with the comments against Saturday afternoon games :P ).

Thanks once again for putting these out.

Thanks for the note on Dunbar, he has turned out to be pretty special. On the early afternoon games, I would say it is about a 5k+ loss on attendance as opposed to having the game at 6 or 7pm. So in my opinion you go with the time frame that gets you the most butts in seats!

Thanks for the note on Dunbar, he has turned out to be pretty special. On the early afternoon games, I would say it is about a 5k+ loss on attendance as opposed to having the game at 6 or 7pm. So in my opinion you go with the time frame that gets you the most butts in seats!

Because of the economic times I would have to agree with Harry on this. Many more people working on Saturdays.

I disagree that a 3 p.m. start time makes that big of a difference. We have the afternoon games later in the season (obviously) because the temperatures have dropped. November games in North Texas can be notoriously cold, and that would only be exacerbated by moving to a night start time. By this time in the season, we have already had homecoming, those who have wanted to attend at least one game have accomplished that, those who would attend more have been beaten up by the losses . . . I don't believe that moving the start time to 6 p.m. would have gotten us an additional 5k in the stands, especially on Halloween night.