Baskeball Recruiting Reform

Cooley

Nonscholastic events on campus by prohibiting Division I institutions from hosting, sponsoring or conducting nonscholastic men’s basketball events on campus or in facilities regularly used by the institution.

I'd say it will directly impact the Great American Shootout.

Nonscholastic events on campus

by prohibiting Division I institutions from hosting, sponsoring or conducting nonscholastic men’s basketball events on campus or in facilities regularly used by the institution.

It could be the end of the Shootout in Denton. If so, it will have an impact on recruiting. I remember reading about Dominique Johnson being very impressed with the North Texas campus and BB facilities after playing in the shootout.

Just another idiotic decision by the clueless brass at the NCAA. So how are they going to compensate these towns/cities for loss of revenue??

I know Little Rock also has a huge AAU tournament as well.

Does this mean for all sports? I know junior tennis played on majority of campuses as well for tournaments.

Edited by untbowler

Guest GrayEagleOne

Delaney strikes again!

If the Big 10 doesn't get the lion's share of any revenue then it's not good for the country.

College Station and Austin also has/had Great American Shootouts as well.

I wonder if there were ever any charges for violations in contacting recruits? Just how much of an upper hand did it give sponsoring campuses in recruiting? Other than Dominique Johnson were there any other recruits that came to North Texas because of playing on our court?