It's Been 34 Years, Thank You Rv

stebo

I know that we still have a game to play but I feel it is a winnable game. Huge kudos to RV for a GREAT schedule. There is a huge gap in scores for our time in purgatory known as IAA, but the last time we were 2-0 to start a season was in 1975 when we started off with Drake and UTA. We went on to a 7-4 record that year including a win against Tennessee. Maybe FFRick or Adler or someone can post if we were ever 2-0 as a IAA school. Exciting times!

I know that we still have a game to play but I feel it is a winnable game. Huge kudos to RV for a GREAT schedule. There is a huge gap in scores for our time in purgatory known as IAA, but the last time we were 2-0 to start a season was in 1975 when we started off with Drake and UTA. We went on to a 7-4 record that year including a win against Tennessee. Maybe FFRick or Adler or someone can post if we were ever 2-0 as a IAA school. Exciting times!

Nope.

Since the '75 season we started out 2-0 in '88, '89, '90, and '94.

Rick

I have been frustrated in the past with the Athletic Department because I always expect UNT to be a bigger and better program because of its many potentials.

But this time: Major Kudos to RV and others for winnable schedule, great OOC opponents, pushing along with the stadium construction, Hotel and Convetnion Center (Embassy Suites), six home games, and not having a home game during thanksgiving week, this one pissed me off the most.

May God Continue to Bless the Mean Green and hopefully we can build on what we have started.

By the way, its been that long since we were 2-0, I can't believe it. And Yes the Ohio game is winnable, expect a large crowd to cheer on the Mean Green. Good chance we will be 2-0....

Nope.

Since the '75 season we started out 2-0 in '88, '89, '90, and '94.

Rick

Thanks Rick - jhowell doesn't provide scores for our times in IAA. That is why I specified as a Div I team... but thanks for the post. Of those years, did we ever open up with two wins against IA teams? Here is what Howell has for our time as a non-Div I school (his words, not mine):

1983-1994 - not rated

Absolutely, the best way this team can go 2-0 is not think that 2-0 is in the bag already. Ohio will be a challenge and the team will need to play as good or better than they did against Ball State.

This is the best quote I have seen in a long time!!!!. Good Call, we need to remove ourselves from this wait and see attitude.