"down The Corridor Of Years"

So, I'm at the Alumni Center picking up a few Tank Army T-Shirts before the Kickoff-Cookout today and I spot this book by LaForte and Himmel with the title "Down the Corridor of Years" - "The History of UNT in Photos from 1890-1990. As i am flipping through the pages and doing "remember whens"...I spy this quote...see if you can figure out what the guy is talking about before you scroll down for the answer...

circa 1984: "For example which North Texas sport has never had a losing season, has a winning percentage of .734 for its entire history, has appeared in the national top 20 rankings every year since 1980, and was the first team sport ever to receive an NCAA post-season tournament invitation?"

This you have it figured out...

Men's Soccer - Quote by Coach Richard Lowe from the Winter 1984 edition of the "North Texan". man that brought back great memories of some great teams and then some really Title IX thoughts. If only...if only......

GO MEAN GREEN!

Edited by KRAM1

First national championship...the men's golf team in the early 50's. Other national championships....NT debate squad in the 60's, the One O'Clock Lab Band has probably won some informal national championships, the Green Brigade drum line has won national championships and the NT Cheerleaders have won three national championships. Nice showing by soccer, but just one of other intities on campus.

First national championship...the men's golf team in the early 50's. Other national championships....NT debate squad in the 60's, the One O'Clock Lab Band has probably won some informal national championships, the Green Brigade drum line has won national championships and the NT Cheerleaders have won three national championships. Nice showing by soccer, but just one of other intities on campus.

drex, you are losing it...let me remind you that debate and One O'Clock Lab band...are not team sports. Nor, for that matter is the Drum line ...and does the NCAA recognize Cheer leading as a team sport? Now, while I admit to being proud of all those accomplishments, you are really stretching here....

GO MEAN GREEN!

drex, you are losing it...let me remind you that debate and One O'Clock Lab band...are not team sports. Nor, for that matter is the Drum line ...and does the NCAA recognize Cheer leading as a team sport? Now, while I admit to being proud of all those accomplishments, you are really stretching here....

GO MEAN GREEN!

Right. Debate isn't a sport. IT'S WAR! :)