South Alabama Football

NT03

USAFOOTBALL

Impressive info on a team that hasn't even taken it's 1st snap yet. Looks like they are moving in the right direction. Already have a 2 for 1 deal with NC State with the Wolfpack traveling to Mobile in 2015.

*Also if you want to scout , Bama spring game currently airing on ESPN.

Edited by NT03

<a href="http://www.usajaguars.com/SportSelect.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=8300&&SPID=12275&SPSID=99695" target="_blank">USAFOOTBALL

</a>

Impressive info on a team that hasn't even taken it's 1st snap yet. Looks like they are moving in the right direction. Already have a 2 for 1 deal with NC State with the Wolfpack traveling to Mobile in 2015.

*Also if you want to scout , Bama spring game currently airing on ESPN.

"Matt Saucier threw for one touchdown and ran for another as USA concluded spring practice with a scrimmage in front of more than 8,000 fans Friday at Ladd-Peebles Stadium."

They may be "passed away" after those body bag games! This year they are playing the Winnetka Brownie Troop 7 and the Little Sisters of the Poor (as they should). But could they really be able to be competitive with NC State, Tennessee and Navy (they got a multiple home-and-home deal!) in just a handful of seasons? If they are, we should hang our heads in shame for our own futility.

Don't be surprised to see them on the North Texas schedule before too long. They will be in our conference some day and would be a good nonconference opponent - sort of like Western Kentucky - until then.

They can be on the schedule as early as 2011 & will be a full time SUNBELT football member by 2013.

What have they really done here? Scheduled two away games at NC State, one of which won't even count for NC State toward bowl eligibility, they scheduled a body bag game with Tennessee, and they got a 4-game series with a service academy.

Look at our future schedule... We have a 4-game series with Army, a two for 1 home-away series with K-State, a home-away deal with Ball State, a home-away deal with Rice, two home games vs Ohio U, and an 8-year series with SMU.

What have they really done here? Scheduled two away games at NC State, one of which won't even count for NC State toward bowl eligibility, they scheduled a body bag game with Tennessee, and they got a 4-game series with a service academy.

Look at our future schedule... We have a 4-game series with Army, a two for 1 home-away series with K-State, a home-away deal with Ball State, a home-away deal with Rice, two home games vs Ohio U, and an 8-year series with SMU.

That looks pretty even if you ask me for being a team starting up.NCSt & KState is a wash , they have a body bag game vs Tenn , we have a body bag game vs Bama. We have a 4 game series with Army & they have a 4 year series with a service academy.

I'm sure they can find comparable opponents with the powerhouses we have lined up like Ohio U , Ball St , Rice & SMu to do home and homes with.

They had 8,000 at their spring game , about 4 x the amount we had. I'd say they are moving in the right direction.

Edited by NT03

That looks pretty even if you ask me for being a team starting up.NCSt & KState is a wash , they have a body bag game vs Tenn , we have a body bag game vs Bama. We have a 4 game series with Army & they have a 4 year series with a service academy.

I'm sure they can find comparable opponents with the powerhouses we have lined up like Ohio U , Ball St , Rice & SMu to do home and homes with.

They had 8,000 at their spring game , about 4 x the amount we had. I'd say they are moving in the right direction.

And I beleive that UNT had more than Troy. Spring game attendance is really not a true barometer of success.I agree that they may be moving in the right direction but some folks on this board are just to eager to wave a white flag. :surrender:

And I beleive that UNT had more than Troy. Spring game attendance is really not a true barometer of success.I agree that they may be moving in the right direction but some folks on this board are just to eager to wave a white flag. :surrender:

I agree that spring attendance means almost nothing , but Troy's game was cut short by heavy downpours of rain and and only lasted a little over an hour. I just think they (SBama) may have already gained a stronger fanbase than what we have. Our spring game was in perfect weather , we were having a big event to show off our new stadium and this program has been around since father time...all that and we got maybe 2000 in attendance. I know the school listed a much higher number , but if you were actually there you would know the real number. This team has done nothing and already has 8,000 fans to back up their team for a scrimmage.

I agree that spring attendance means almost nothing , but Troy's game was cut short by heavy downpours of rain and and only lasted a little over an hour. I just think they (SBama) may have already gained a stronger fanbase than what we have. Our spring game was in perfect weather , we were having a big event to show off our new stadium and this program has been around since father time...all that and we got maybe 2000 in attendance. I know the school listed a much higher number , but if you were actually there you would know the real number. This team has done nothing and already has 8,000 fans to back up their team for a scrimmage.

Think I'll wait and see what happens when the new wears off and they actually take the field.

... we got maybe 2000 in attendance. I know the school listed a much higher number , but if you were actually there you would know the real number. This team has done nothing and already has 8,000 fans to back up their team for a scrimmage.

So you think we inflated attendance and South Alabama didn't?

Is it a possibility that their fans are really excited to see the first ever USA team take the field? This is the silliest thread ever.

True, but what's our excuse for not having more fans ?? I mean shouldn't we too be exciting about our upcoming football season while hearing info on our new stadium?

Silly , no. I think some do not want to admit that one day South Alabama will be in our conference and if we don't improve they will steam roll us just like the FIUs of the world. We like to look down on teams like this like we are better than they are , but I bet 6/7 years ago most were rolling your eyes about the thought of teams like FIU and FAU before they joined the Belt

Edited by NT03

Guest GrayEagleOne

I don't know that I agree with that. It's imperative on this board to compare UNT to everything except when we can't compare UNT to anything.

Never try to drink anything and read an oldguystudent post at the same time unless you enjoy choking.

South Alabama is already in our conference. This is not new news. Of course they have a good showing for their first ever game, even FIU sold out their stadium for their first ever game. If we had a first ever taking place, we would have a large crowd, too. We are also coming off a lousy season, actually a few lousy seasons. It is amazing that we had more than a few hundred at our Spring Game after the last few years. Dodge's first year had 8,000 for the game. Anytime there is something brand new, people get excited.

South Alabama is already in our conference. This is not new news. Of course they have a good showing for their first ever game, even FIU sold out their stadium for their first ever game. If we had a first ever taking place, we would have a large crowd, too. We are also coming off a lousy season, actually a few lousy seasons. It is amazing that we had more than a few hundred at our Spring Game after the last few years. Dodge's first year had 8,000 for the game. Anytime there is something brand new, people get excited.

I agree 100% with what you are saying ,SBama will not be able to compete for a Conference football title however till 2013 I believe.

I just think 8K is a very impressive number consdidering that this University was created 1964 , has less than 15K students and only has a almuni total of just over 60,000. Compared to UNT : created in 1890 , 34K students and a alumni somewhere near 200,000 ( more than 1/2 of which still live in the dfw area)

We did have something new with our spring game . I thought with new info on the stadium we would have more folks who cared. I guess most people will not " believe it " until dirt is moved

Edited by NT03

• 3 weeks later...

South Bama already has NC State to Mobile in 2015 and now they have added Mississippi State to come there in 2014.

a BCS team ( Baylor ) has not made their way into Denton since 2003?? I know we are set to host K-St next year , but if still have a feeling they will pull out of the deal.

Hopefully that new stadium that is being built in 20XX will help land some more big time teams in Denton in home for home or 2 for 1 deals.