Voter Turnout

UNTflyer

Hey Flyer,

I talked to a number of students today on campus and had 15 vote yes. We need to spread the word on campus and tell friends to tell friends. I talked to a number of students who said they were voting no and every single one of them was from journalism! I also had an RTVF & Computer Science kid tell me they were voting no. We've gotta have senators, athletics, talons, rha members, everyone trying to push the yes vote over the top!!!! It is mid-week and I feel that we are under-estimating the "no" vote.

If this vote doesn't pass, I feel like this will be horrible PR for our university. Lets make sure that this thing passes by telling everyone we know!

GO MEAN GREEN! VOTE YES!

YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES!!!!!!!

Guest Aquila_Viridis

Our North Texas has always particularly attracted a certain element that is fearful of the influence of mainstream culture. I say they need to find a tiny commune for a school so that the other 5.9 million people in the area can have a real university. Get lost, losers!

I was pretty non-mainstream and that's how I won the SGA election...what you REALLY need are non-mainstream weirdos to talk some sense to the other non-mainstream weirdos. Getting rid of that element also sends off a lot of the art and music students.

There were 2 of us who were art students elected Pres 3 years apart. Art and music students won't listen to somebody they see as part of the mainstream telling them to vote for something, they want to hear a good reason for it, but they want to hear it from somebody a little closer to their demographic. I got a lot of very unorthodox people to go to games and other events with me, including a couple of outings with a group that had a large ratio of gay men who'd never been to a football game before. They enjoyed it a lot more than they expected to, and a few ended up going with our little crowd regularly.

My point is...there are better strategies to winning people over than just arguments and dismissals. If you can find somebody who is a good communicator and who can bridge the "us/them" gap, you can win a lot more people over to your cause.

So, what kind of turnout are we looking at? Seems like I saw that the highest ever was something like 7%. Let's say it's 10%...that's about 3,400. So, I'm predicting...

Yes - 2,400

No - 1,000

Any other guesses?

Going back through our prediction threads...I question our ability to accuatly prognosticate and probably shouldn't start this line of discussion

Edited by Censored by Laurie