Greeks

H-towngreen

Anybody hear if alot of the greeks have made their vote?

The story I am getting is that quite a few have already voted today and that the overwhelming majority of those have voted in favor of the fee increase. At least that's what I'm hearing from several people. I think the greek vote is looking very good and overwhelmingly on the yes side.

Let me guess. You had a girlfriend "visit" a house while you were out of town. she just went because her freinds were going. she didnt have any fun anyway. What do you mean where did I get this sweet t-shirt with some dudes letters on them? someone must have left it over here, probably one of my freinds. they are such tramps. I cant belive they hang out with those guys anyway. whats that? you are going to your parents house next weekend? I will probably just stay here in town and study... hey I burned this mix cd for you. just the greats you know Poisons every rose, Air Supply etc...

I just can't wait until we get to hear your Homecoming 2008 story! Last year's homecoming post recap was probably the funniest thing I've ever read on this board.

never thought it would do much good to argue with people on this board who slam greeks. we supported north texas athletics all my years in school and never felt there was a problem with the rest of the school population. I always figured these arguements were no win situations and just pits one part of north texas support against another and we need all the people on the side of north texas athletics we can get. the current vote and also the need to show game-time support for north texas in spite of the lack of wins should bond fans together.

You're just as likely to find a drunken cavorting asshat stoically smoking a clove cigarette in the Humanities coffee bar as you are in a fraternity house.

To give a local example, who here would rather hang out in the social circle of journalism majors than with the greek community? You think those guys would hesitate to steal your beer and your girlfriend any more than fraternity members would?

It all really boils down to individual chapters and the personalities they take on. I watch the various fraternities and their activities on campus, and there are some I wouldn't join in a million years. Others seem fairly innocuous. Even within my own fraternity, it was a chapter by chapter case. We got along great with the guys at UCSD, but couldn't get out fast enough when visiting the chapter at UC Davis. It's as unfair to lump all greek members into a single category it is to do so with all college students.

Excellent post.