Jj On Dale Hansen Sports

untphd

Dale asked JJ about recruiting Texas players and playing national powerhouse teams. JJ told him that he felt if we can keep the players in the state, we can play with anyteam. JJ mentioned most of the players on Ut's team were from Texas and look where they are ranked. They talked alittle about last year and going to the dance. The big thing was we were on TV.

Dale asked JJ about recruiting Texas players and playing national powerhouse teams. JJ told him that he felt if we can keep the players in the state, we can play with anyteam. JJ mentioned most of the players on Ut's team were from Texas and look where they are ranked. They talked alittle about last year and going to the dance. The big thing was we were on TV.

North Texas should form a television package that broadcasts every one of it's games on television in the Dallas / Ft Worth market.

Western Kentucky broadcasts all of their games and it has certainly worked well for them.

Can you imagine what this would do for North Texas recruiting in the Metroplex and all of northern Texas which receives those stations? Kids love to be on television and they love to be able to have their friends watch them on tv.

Edited by ADLER

North Texas should form a television package that broadcasts every one of it's games on television in the Dallas / Ft Worth market.

Western Kentucky broadcasts all of their games and it has certainly worked well for them.

I'd love to see all of our road games on TV... but, have you looked at what TV market they are in compared to UNT?

Better media market, but infinitely more competition - with the Mavs, Stars, Rangers, Cowboys, SMU, TCU, etc vying for attention.

So much competition that I've watched two Southland Conference games the last 10 days on local TV, and ZERO from the Sunbelt. This is not our conferences fault or the fault of our location. It's NORTH TEXAS'S FAULT for not solving THE PROBLEM!

Rick

Well the Southland had their finals on ESPN2 correct? Did they have their semifinals on Fox Sports in Texas? I have to say that'd be a helluva coup for the Southland. The Big West(roughly as strong a league as the Sunbelt in most years basketball wise) - got zero games on Fox Sports out here. One semifinal did get on ESPNU(pretty late...even out here...I'm sure no one any any other time zone watched it), and then the 2nd half of the final got on the Duece(bad luck for the BW, since the WAC final went 3 overtimes the first half was pre-empted entirely).

So much competition that I've watched two Southland Conference games the last 10 days on local TV, and ZERO from the Sunbelt. This is not our conferences fault or the fault of our location. It's NORTH TEXAS'S FAULT for not solving THE PROBLEM!

Rick

Well, the leaders of the university don't see anything wrong with the current course; it's the same course that has been taken for the past 60 years.

ostrich-head.jpg

Our President and the members of our Board of Regents should each be fitted with a pair of Clockwork Orange eye fittings and forced to watch our own NTTV's feature on North Texas becoming the state's third largest university. They need to watch it repetitively until they discover that UNT is not viewed as "a thriving university with a legacy of excellence" and decide that they need to be part of the solution.

clockwork_big.jpg

If they can't reach that conclusion, then they should never have been given the leadership positions.

Edited by ADLER

This is something I am personally trying to jump start at NTTV Sports. While not anything as large as broadcasting games in the Metroplex, I am trying to build up NTTV Sports' production unit to be much more felixble and portable, which should allow us to cover more sports easily. It will be a slow process, but I hope I am laying the foundation for something that can really grow.

If we wanted the emulate the WKU/HSSN model, the first thing the University would need to do is buy a Satellite truck. We could have the best production in the world but if there is no way to get it to the local channels easily then it means nothing. There is the internet but I seriously doubt any station would take a streaming feed for a game (please correct me if I am wrong). It is also going to take people with passion. If you look at the HSSN backstory, they had the satellite truck but without people like David Brinkley, HSSN would never have gotten off the ground. I know I have the passion, but I am only a student and someone who has limited experience out there in the "real world". Of course given the chance this would be the kind of project I would love to take on.

Edited by HMNSHLD

This is something I am personally trying to jump start at NTTV Sports. While not anything as large as broadcasting games in the Metroplex, I am trying to build up NTTV Sports' production unit to be much more felixble and portable, which should allow us to cover more sports easily. It will be a slow process, but I hope I am laying the foundation for something that can really grow.

If we wanted the emulate the WKU/HSSN model, the first thing the University would need to do is buy a Satellite truck. We could have the best production in the world but if there is no way to get it to the local channels easily then it means nothing. There is the internet but I seriously doubt any station would take a streaming feed for a game (please correct me if I am wrong). It is also going to take people with passion. If you look at the HSSN backstory, they had the satellite truck but without people like David Brinkley, HSSN would never have gotten off the ground. I know I have the passion, but I am only a student and someone who has limited experience out there in the "real world". Of course given the chance this would be the kind of project I would love to take on.

The HSSN backstory is pretty amazing. I googled colleges and uplink and found several universities with these capabilities. I just assumed we had this. We used to be billed as the most wired college. Thanks for the info.