Buckle Up Ladies And Gents

emmitt01

Everyone has to realize that Basketball Jones has not been playing with a team that has been 100% (or close to that) for the last month or so.

1. Wooten has had knee surgery and IMHO has not been playing, even 75%, of his capability.

2. White has suffered from a pulled hamstring, concussion and the flu.

3. Other team members have suffered from the flu.

Prior to all this bad luck UNT did extremely well........

The team record may not be what we currently want but the real test will be in the tournament when, hopefully, Basketball Jones and Company, will win the SBC and since there "may only" be one invitation granted, to the SBC for the "Big Dance" it is imperative that Basketball Jones has ALL his players healthy. We should all respect the care he gives to his players and their subsequent rehabilitation. I respect Basketball Jones for that. Hopefully Dale Brown will be with him again come tournament time.

2. White has suffered from a pulled hamstring, concussion and the flu.

3. Other team members have suffered from the flu.

Prior to all this bad luck UNT did extremely well........

...uhhhh.......its called a flu shot. Why doesn't UNT invest in these cheap preventive measures? That is, if UNT basketball players were indeed diagnosed with influenza.

Edited by GreenEggs&Ham™

...uhhhh.......its called a flu shot. Why doesn't UNT invest in these cheap preventive measures? That is, if UNT basketball players were indeed diagnosed with influenza.

I'm with you on that one. It's a myth that you can get the flu from a flu shot. The whole team should have got a shot back in November.

You can't get the flu from the flu shot. It does take, however, 1-2 weeks for the shots immunity to kick in.

Some people such as moot point just don't seem to have an immune system to handle the flu even post flu shot. I really wish the whole AD would have invested in the flu shot.

Excuses...excuses...they are a dime a dozen. I hear the nonsense about why folks don't get flu shots...all garbage...bottom line...they are either lazy or chicken about the needle. How do I know...because I said the same things about the flu shot for years when I did not want to get a SHOT! Yep, call me chicken...I was. But, no longer...I get a flu shot as soon as they come out each year...know what...they do not hurt!

I found something out recently about shots...the flu shot doesn't hurt because the flu vaccine is so liquid...and thin...not a thick vaccine like the tetnus vaccine. Tetnus vaccine shots sting more because the vaccine is "thicker" and the stind happens when the vaccine is pumped into your arm...not really from the needle prick. I found that out because I took a flu shot one day and a week later had a tetnus booster and had a discussion about the difference with the nurse...go figure...who knew?????

So, all you folks with all the flu shot excuses...GET OVER IT...GROW UP...get a flu shot...that goes for you big guys on the basketball team too! :D