Mean Green Vs Ragin Cajun Game Thread

CMJ

Just got home from the game...

Great energy through the game. The press in the first half was picked up well by the guys. There were a couple times in the 2nd half I thought the MG were going to blow it wide open, by the La-La's battled back each time. The La-La's are in first place in the West, and we are now in 2nd - just 1/2 game back.

Sun Belt refs are terrible. They are inconsistent, call phantom fouls and miss the obvious shooting fouls.

Decent crowd. I think it should have been packed, Saturday night and classes have not started... My attendance estimate is 2300.

Just got home from the game...

Great energy through the game. The press in the first half was picked up well by the guys. There were a couple times in the 2nd half I thought the MG were going to blow it wide open, by the La-La's battled back each time. The La-La's are in first place in the West, and we are now in 2nd - just 1/2 game back.

Sun Belt refs are terrible. They are inconsistent, call phantom fouls and miss the obvious shooting fouls.

Decent crowd. I think it should have been packed, Saturday night and classes have not started... My attendance estimate is 2300.

I was thinking 3000 and they said 3500 on the radio...

Heh. I was also thinking about 3000, but I always seem to overestimate. I believe 3500 would be our 2nd biggest crowd this season!

BTW Chris, nice basket.

thanks.... that chicken catch is harder than it seems... it was a ton of fun though.... if you look up to see where the chicken is landing, the basket leans backwards, so you have to figure out where it is going to fall and look forward.... the funny thing is, I got the game a few minutes late due to my daughter's b-ball game.... my buddy says, I signed us up for something.... the next thing I know I'm on the court with a silly basket on my head chasing rubber chickens.....

Edited by chrisfisher

I was just on ULL's board... I like to see the mood of the opponent after we beat them... they basically said that we are a good team (and that the SBC has the worst officiating), but have no chance against against S. Alabama and Western Kentucky..... we'll see about that very soon.....

Great game... refs still suck, But good energy by the crowd at the end. I am an alum but I sit in the student section with my wife, she's a student , and I just can't understand why the rest of the crowd doesn't make more noise, however they did when it counted. So kudos. I also have to say it was a good crowd considering nfl playoffs were on tv. I was bringing a couple of people but then they realized football was on, so I tried but I couldn't beat the nfl. Anyway great job by the team to fight through some illness, and get the big win. good job pit crew. Go Mean Green.

Edited by filmerj

I talked with Mr. McCoy, Adam's father after the game. I told him how happy I was that we signed Adam. He immediately started saying don't worry, Adam will find his shot... I told him that I had every confidence that Adam would and that I noticed that he was starting to slow down a bit and hitting more shots... his Dad replied that Adam knows that he needs to relax more and that he is trying too hard... he also acknowledged that more recently Adam felt more comfortable and making more shots... I joked with him about where Adam got his height (he was about as tall as me.... 5'9")... he laughingly replied it wasn't from him or Adam's mother, but from his uncles......Mr. McCoy was a very nice man, and a VERY proud Pappa.... good to have his family as a part of our Mean Green family.

Edited by chrisfisher

More Tristan! I think he earned some PT tonight.

I hear ya.... getting adequate playing time right now is brutal for our guards.... Dez and Triston deserve time... as did Dennis, who has been given prime time.... White and Dennis, and to a lesser extint Bell, are setting an extremely high bar with shooting percentages..... this is a very good situation to have... hyper-competitiveness for guard playing time....

Edited by chrisfisher

Quincy deserves much props for playing so many minutes tonight and not getting into foul trouble. Coaches protected him well with the defensive scheme and also laying him back on foul shots.

Adam McCoy can definitely shoot the rock. He could be a suprising key later on if he's on in the tournament.

Also, hats off to Josh White and to Collin Dennis who were both very sick tonight but still pulled through.

I was pleased with the crowd. Good showing by the students.

I heard some of the Alumni try to get the "Welcome To The Pit" chant going, but I don't think the Student heard it.

no... didn't hear it... believe me when I say that if we did hear them we would have joined right in!

If I recall my stories corrctly WTTP was chanted...

Pregame to rattle an opponent

After a big run which forces a TO to be called

At the end when victory is in hand

I think it's most apropos after a large run is put on an opponent and they call a TO. Especially given that while they're trying to regroup and stem the tide of momentum...they've got the students right behind them letting em know "you're in our house now bitch!"

Edited by emmitt01

I think it's most apropos after a large run is put on an opponent and they call a TO. Especially given that while they're trying to regroup and stem the tide of momentum...they've got the students right behind them letting em know "you're in our house now bitch!"

True, though I also like the end of game variety - sort of like how Kansas does Rock Chalk.