Observations

Talon90

I like that we fought back in the second half but the first half was terrible. I understand that UT is a top 10 team and I didn't figure we would cover the spread but here are a few things I didn't like:

When it comes to effort and execution, WE control that not the other team.

We came out flat scared tonight. My 13 year old noticed that two minutes into the game. We need to add some attitude to this team. The defense at the beginning of the game was non-existent. Too many wide open 3 pointers to start the game ....you just can't do that, especially against a team like UT.

Too many missed layups...why are we so scared?! If you get blocked you get blocked but go STRONG to the hole. We were way to tentative.

The press - It absolutely kills us at times. I'm not sure if I have an answer......I agree this is not White's strong point. This is where I do like Ben in the game but other than that I agree from other posters that Dennis needs more of Bell's minutes. I think he is going to be special.

Tonight was a good look at what we are when Wooden gets in foul trouble. We are a totally different team. He is the key as to how far we go this year. We have to have him on the floor to keep teams honest.

I agree. Whatever Coach Jones says at halftime, he needs to say before tip off. The second half, we looked like a totally different team. Great hustle on defense and we started making some plays on offense. We created some turnovers and made some outside shots. At the end of the day though, UT has superior talent. AJ Abrahams is the real deal. The way I look it, not too many teams in the whole country can beat that UT team when their clicking. We made a great effort in the second half. 14-0 vs. the #4 team in the land; not too shabby. The future looks bright for this team. Its good for them to get some game time vs. a team like Texas. They have a lot of speed and quickness. Should be good experience down the road. GO MEAN GREEN!!!!

My biggest beef on the first half is that I saw MORE than twice Quincy walking up the court and not being in position on a fast break. We had a 3 on 1 and about half court he booked it in and pulled up his sprint assuming that the basket was a 'gimme' and it came off front rim and would have been there for an EASY tip dunk or put back. Early in a game thats inexcuseable. I like Q and everything but the guy has a Randy Moss tendency sometimes... he simply takes plays off.

Other than that, I love this teams athleticism and the fact that TWICE now down by more than 20 they just don't give up.

While we definitely played poorly in the first half, but give UT some credit for that. Their two guards are ridiculous and didn't miss anything early. Their bigs got Wooden in foul trouble early, and that had a terrible effect on NT for the rest of the half (having Wooden on the bench that is). They played tenaciously on defense to start the game, and seemed to take advantage of every mistake that NT made.