Unt To Play 6 Home Games Next Year

NT03

WTF Plumm? I don't think your post was even about mine at all.

I was simply responding to saying that the reason we drew so poorly in the BW was because of Dickey - WHO WASN'T EVEN HERE in 96 or '97. And pointing out that in 1995 against a HIGH PROFILE PACIFIC TEN opponent - aka the conference of USC and the freaking ROSE BOWL you could have had just about any seat in the house.

Oregon State = High profile game at Fouts = no attendance

My point stands...name one school west of say Las Cruces that has ever drawn well to Fouts.

Or the SuperPit for that matter.

Hell, what about the old Snake Pit.

Edited by CMJ

WTF Plumm? I don't think your post was even about mine at all.

I was simply responding to saying that the reason we drew so poorly in the BW was because of Dickey - WHO WASN'T EVEN HERE in 96 or '97. And pointing out that in 1995 against a HIGH PROFILE PACIFIC TEN opponent - aka the conference of USC and the freaking ROSE BOWL you could have had just about any seat in the house.

Oregon State = High profile game at Fouts = no attendance

My point stands...name one school west of say Las Cruces that has ever drawn well to Fouts.

Or the SuperPit for that matter.

Hell, what about the old Snake Pit.

:lol:

I know it wasn't "fully" about your post, but I am just amazed with all your pro-activity that I've never, ever seen from you on any subject on GMG.com, that's all! :P

Seriously, I will say that with our new growth on and near campus, maybe concerning those small crowds from the past that we might just need to de-emphasize all the things we did to make them small and do what Todd Dodge wants to do in Denton and that's: To get everyone to quite merely talking about North Texas' potential?

You're a great alum and fan, CMJ. We need more of you, too. PS: And I got called a "non-Young Gun Alum, today, too, which is true! LOL! Shall I tell this forum how I remember when your own dad ran track at North Texas or not? :blink::D

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Let's not be too ridiculous either way, but really, if Dodge gets us kicking some ass, I don't think it's unrealistic to expect 9 or more wins with a schedule that has teams that aren't ridiculously tough.

On the other hand (see the thread I just started to input), I'd really love to finally beat UT, OU, really any one of the big powers...which we can't do if we don't schedule them.

Let me just post this one more time in this thread. It's pretty long so I figure after a second reading maybe a few of the facts won't be summarily skimmed over.

Oh, and while we're at it, I'd like to hijack this thread and talk about how I'd really like to win the lotto. My plan is to buy 1,000 tickets every Wednesday and Saturday. I know that this won't bring me my desired result and will only bleed my bank account dry but the logic in it seems somehow familiar...hmmm, I wonder why. ;)

Emmitt, all I know is if we only had more of your enthusiasm I have observed from you and many of your buds from the era yall attended UNT added with those from my era (who are still kicking, that is); anyway, if we had even a small percentage from those 2 UNT eras that span a lot of years we would have 30K plus crowds at Fouts every Game Day and the Super Pit would be SRO and rockin' no matter who we played--known or not so known teams.

It would also be many of my group's hopes & desires that UNT will do all the right things & make all the right decisions that will make all of from your era very proud of UNT another 30 years from now, too.

A sincere salute to you and your fellow Mean Green fan buddies! :thumbsup:

PS: And I got called a "non-Young Gun Alum, today, too, which is true! LOL!

I hope that didn't come off the wrong way, Plumm. It was just a lighthearted reference to your description of recent graduates. I surely didn't mean any offense by it.

Just trying to make sure that when the day finally comes that I meet you at an NT event and shake your hand... I won't have to worry that you're about to stab me or anything. :)

I hope that didn't come off the wrong way, Plumm. It was just a lighthearted reference to your description of recent graduates. I surely didn't mean any offense by it.

Just trying to make sure that when the day finally comes that I meet you at an NT event and shake your hand... I won't have to worry that you're about to stab me or anything. :)

:D

No need for an apology, TTG. I take most all my re-butts in stride. What is it that they say: If you dish it out, you better by golly be able to take some of it dished back to you, too?

Yet, I actually sorta' liked non-Young Gun Alums in that post, but now even prefer Old Gun Alums even moreso. :rolleyes::)

But my favorite post of yours today was your apparent newly found fetish with what I guess I may have played a small part in starting on GMG.com a few years ago?

Peace...

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

:lol:

I know it wasn't "fully" about your post, but I am just amazed with all your pro-activity that I've never, ever seen from you on any subject on GMG.com, that's all! :P

Try reading the basketball board more often. ;)

Seriously, I will say that with our new growth on and near campus, maybe concerning those small crowds from the past that we might just need to de-emphasize all the things we did to make them small and do what Todd Dodge wants to do in Denton and that's: To get everyone to quite merely talking about North Texas' potential?

You're a great alum and fan, CMJ. We need more of you, too. PS: And I got called a "non-Young Gun Alum, today, too, which is true! LOL! Shall I tell this forum how I remember when your own dad ran track at North Texas or not? :blink::D

Johnny Jones also has a sleeping who is slowly awakening IMHO. Honestly, these last 6-7 years have been a relative Golden Age for NT athletics. Four conference titles in football. One in basketball. Several in soccer. and we're still moving in the right direction.

And as for Pop - I'm sure anyone that has a Yucca from that time period can see him. Amazing how young he looked in the early 70's. :D