Cfn Sun Belt Weekly Roundup

StealthEagle84

Is this a true statement?

Yes, but only if the defense can play at least as well as they played last year. They should be better than last year. I hope that for some strange reason they just needed a two game learning curve. ;) Dodge ball is beginning to work, so now it's time for Mendoza ball to begin to work as well. We shall see.

Yes, but only if the defense can play at least as well as they played last year. They should be better than last year. I hope that for some strange reason they just needed a two game learning curve. ;) Dodge ball is beginning to work, so now it's time for Mendoza ball to begin to work as well. We shall see.

Its my personal feeling that Dodge needs to go out and hire a solid D-coordinator that has some experience at the collegiate level. No knock on Coach Mendoza, but its a whole new ball game. From my understanding, our scheme defensively is way too simple and not condusive to our personel. With the things that we're trying to accomplish with our program, we need someone that bring the Green Curtain of old. Where's DeLoach when you need him?

Its my personal feeling that Dodge needs to go out and hire a solid D-coordinator that has some experience at the collegiate level. No knock on Coach Mendoza, but its a whole new ball game. From my understanding, our scheme defensively is way too simple and not condusive to our personel. With the things that we're trying to accomplish with our program, we need someone that bring the Green Curtain of old. Where's DeLoach when you need him?

coming into the season, seemed that the defense was going to be our strength and help keep the wolves from the door while the offense was adapting. So far the defense is a huge disappointment and somethin' just ain't workin'. We've got a bunch of kids back from a D that certainly performed better last year.........so a logical question is.........WHAT'S HAPPENED. Hate to say this after only two games, but Mendoza needs to step up with a defensive game plan that produces something other than opponent points.

coming into the season, seemed that the defense was going to be our strength and help keep the wolves from the door while the offense was adapting. So far the defense is a huge disappointment and somethin' just ain't workin'. We've got a bunch of kids back from a D that certainly performed better last year.........so a logical question is.........WHAT'S HAPPENED. Hate to say this after only two games, but Mendoza needs to step up with a defensive game plan that produces something other than opponent points.

Maybe Mendoza is in over his head. Just a thought.

I don't like to play devil's advocate but I will

OU- Juggernaut with their offensive line and Malcolm Kelly out there at receiver. Remember they blew out MIAMI, not just us.

SMU- Justin Willis is a year older and wiser and Demyron Martin isn't hurt this time around.

I'm not saying I don't agree that defensive adjustments may need to be made but is it possible we are making the mistake of looking at what the D did against SMU last year and drawing conclusions that are a bit exaggerated?

I don't like to play devil's advocate but I will

OU- Juggernaut with their offensive line and Malcolm Kelly out there at receiver. Remember they blew out MIAMI, not just us.

SMU- Justin Willis is a year older and wiser and Demyron Martin isn't hurt this time around.

I'm not saying I don't agree that defensive adjustments may need to be made but is it possible we are making the mistake of looking at what the D did against SMU last year and drawing conclusions that are a bit exaggerated?

Let's hope our defense doesn't make Florida Atlantic look like Top 25 material. :angry:

Edited by MeanGreen61

After the spring game, when the offense pretty well lit up the defense, everyone was saying it was because the defense didn't want to show anything. It made sense at the time, but now I have to wonder if the defense ever had anything to show.

I remember reading the same thing after the OU game... Time to show a little something I'd say...