Tailgating - Cooking

Charlie NT 73

Also, I meant to add:

Always remove the membrane on the back (bone side) of pork ribs before marinating. It's sometimes hard to get the membrane off at first, but once you get it going, it should be relatively easy.

I'm always amazed by the amount of people who don't do this. That membrane can make even the best cooked ribs tough to eat if its not removed.

Here's a pic:

pullingmembrane.jpg

Edited by BaylorGuy314

Shof, correct me if I am wrong, but aren't you a ULL fan? If so, the folks from Lafayette know a thing or two about grilling seafood and swamp critters. Better try the above!

Yes, "old" USL grad. There is some outstanding tailgating at Cajun Field. One of the more well-known groups is the "Krewe de Chew". I recall one of their guys mentioning that the NT cheerleaders spent some time with them last time in Lafayette. Wish I could make more games there; but its a hard drive from San Antonio-Lafayette for a short weekend. But the NT game is one on my list to make.

Good luck this year.

Shof